Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Primative

Mechasam.......

Guest Primative

If you dont like the new conversions and port of doom, then dont play em, simple as that, get over it man, i liked the original doom as much as you did, but without ports like zdoom, and engines like egde, doom would have died a long time ago, i think we should give ppl like Randy Heit a hand, without them, we wouldnt be so fortunate, i mean look, we now actually have a good multi payer port for the internet, and with the possibilities of edge's multi floors and stuff, its only going to get better, so like i said, if you dont like it, dont play it, and stop trying to cause trouble.

Primative said:

without ports like zdoom, and engines like egde, doom would have died a long time ago

I disagree- purists would still play vanilla doom like they do now.

indeed, doom wouldn't have died, but I think source ports have brought a lot of life back into Doom, and this new interest may have aided id's decision to make the new doom.
On the topic of source ports turning doom into quake....pfft, all that's being changed is the ENGINE, and quakes engine is better anyway, for that argument to have any merit you'd need to overhaul the doom/doom2.wad and throw all the quake shit in there.

GavinJCD said:

indeed, doom wouldn't have died, but I think source ports have brought a lot of life back into Doom, and this new interest may have aided id's decision to make the new doom.
On the topic of source ports turning doom into quake....pfft, all that's being changed is the ENGINE, and quakes engine is better anyway, for that argument to have any merit you'd need to overhaul the doom/doom2.wad and throw all the quake shit in there.

There is a "QDoom" out there...

No. The really good DOOM stuff that's been made (possibly with a handful of exceptions) has been made with the original EXEs in mind, or for boom.exe. I see that you like those new ports, fine. But don't project an illusory history/reality with your wishes.