Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Primative

Some one help me out here....

Guest Primative

hey how do i get the wads tho work in edge, i drag the wad on the icon and it starts and says no iwad found, and if i use the -"wadname".wad it loads but it simply starts doom2 lvl 1, what am i doing wrong?

First of all, Doom/EDGE is not a windows program. You can't just expect drag-n-drop to work correctly on it. That rules out dragging a wadfile over the edge.exe icon.

Second of all, to load a pwad you'd type "doom.exe -file something.wad" ... adapt that to edge and it'd be "edge.exe -file something.wad". To load an iwad, you need version 1.9 of doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, tnt.wad or doom1.wad, and type "doom.exe -iwad doom.wad" or something similar.

You are an old Doomer and you didn't know this?!

I have about a half a dozen batch files set up so all I have to do is right click on a wad and I can open it with my editor (WadAuthor), doom/doom2, Zdoom1/Zdoom2, or Boom1/Boom2. My method works well if you know what game/port is needed to play the wad. I wonder if it is possible to write a program where all you have to do is double click on a wad and it would just automatically detect what game or sourceport would be needed to run the level and warp right to it.

Stphrz said:

I wonder if it is possible to write a program where all you have to do is double click on a wad and it would just automatically detect what game or sourceport would be needed to run the level and warp

can't you do it with "open with" edge.exe ?

fodders said:

can't you do it with "open with" edge.exe ?

Yes! In fact I just did! Heh. You need to use a batch file set up though to pass the various command-line parameters to Edge.exe. But seriously, I'd still like a program that can read a wad, determine what game or port is needed to run it and start it up automatically. Yeah I'm a lazy bastard. Sue me :)

Guest Nuno Correia
GavinJCD said:

uhh, Fodders would you mind changing your signature to something less provocative

Provocative, like, as in sexy? hehehe

GavinJCD said:

uhh, Fodders would you mind changing your signature to something less provocative

Sure as soon as Hate changes his trophy sig :)

Stphrz said:

Hey Fod, what about my "inflammatory" sig :)

"I'm bored. I wish I had some fireworks :)"

It can't get more inflammatory :)