Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

proven point!

guess what, ive come to a conclusion about the new age doomers.
nothing positive can come out of your mouths. of course you may be thinking "but this is the same shmuck who says zdoom sucks".. bah i never said it sucks, in fact i use the zdlauncher to ONLY launch my wads and levels because I think its a better launcher than doom95.. anywho, admit it.. you all like to put down others when they have an opinion to share, and you do it even more when you have others to back you up..

i can tell that most of you who are doing so are under the age of 17 and doom is your life and you would probably turn down the hottest girl in the world just for a new zdoom wad.. on the other hand, there are some of you out there who are like me.. just trying to get your point across without any roadblocks or roadblock-ers.

;)

I don't even no what your point is, are you saying you don't like zdoom, or you don't like the newage doomers that play it. And who cares what you think about the newdoomers, don't stir up trouble, just leave things alone.

Guest Bobbert005

And guess what? You are wrong. I do NOT like to put down people, despite the fact I love all the new source ports, and I do not believe I have ever offended anyone. if I have, I apologize right now. I do not believe it is nesccesary to insult people to get a point across. yes I am under 17, but I would not pass up a girl for a new zdoom wad, in fact I hardly ever download wads. Now exactly why do you want to descriminate against everybody who likes OpenGL support in Doom? I know, I know, you don't want to turn Doom into Quake, but why not? The Doom Community might not have half as many members if these people hadn't improved upon the Doom engine and attracted so many "newage doomers" like myself.

Guest Psycho

Just a few things:

1. Why just a ZDoom wad? Why not a EDGE wad? (jk. who would pass up a girl for a wad?)
2. You use Doom95? and you're a purist? to get the REAL doom experiance, the lights need to be off, gamma correction at 0 and monitor brightness way down!
3. What is your point? it is hard to tell.
4. I am under 17, got a problem?

Guest DammitBeavis

I'm 15, Playing plain old doom kinda pisses me off. Hell, I've never even death matched. I think the reason I like it is the fact that so many people have hacked it, and I enjoy hacking it myself. I like seeing peoples new ideas, and the new features and all that cool stuff. I don't like zdoom, but that's because I can't hack it, and it doesn't run well on my computer. I guess I have to stick up for the younger players and say... "hey! I've never bitched, or put anybody down!" I'm probably one of the youngest. Uh oh...

Hey, maybe if you didn't say such provocative and stupid comments like the one below...

"oh and the doom community is dying, the owners of doomworld just dont want to admit it because they try to act like a huge megasite that only supports the "popular" wads out there. "

I'd have to say you're one of the most unnapreciative persons out there. I mean, Linguica, Covaro and Mordeth (+ AndrewB :-) are spending a large amount of their time maintaining Doomworld for no financial gain etc. Have you ever maintained a site that's close to 2 million hits?? They've built it up from scratch... I still remember the day it opened :-P

No, I'm not under 17, but back then I was still 10 times smarter than you. Really. I think I have ZDoom on my HD somewhere but I don't use it...

BTW, the hottest girl in the world would be Denise Richards!!!!

GavinJCD said:

I don't even no what your point is, are you saying you don't like zdoom, or you don't like the newage doomers that play it. And who cares what you think about the newdoomers, don't stir up trouble, just leave things alone.

THERE IS NO POINT, JUST CHOAS, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIKA-PIKA!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I am 18, but doom has been my favorite since way back when. Doom is Doom, the only thing that I really like about the new source ports are the fact that they are easy to edit (*especially EDGE).
I like doom, but also use it as a base to fulfill my first person shooter ideas without having to create my own game!
The new sourceports that are coming out make it easier and easier to do that, and the more customizable they get, the better I will like them.
Edge is at the top of my list right now becasue it is so damn easy to edit, and even allows for putting things in that weren't there before so i don't have to replace something (you can have 15 weapons if you want.)
Anymore I don't use the original doom for editing in this fasion, but instead to get that original doom experience.
Sure there are alot of cocky new-schoolers who dumped their original doom and defend their port of choice with thier life... I am not one of them, more like an new-schooler and an old-schooler put together.

And doom is not my life, it is only 1/4 of it (right now it is 1/2, but that changes). And I wouldn't turn down a girl for even a new SOURCE PORT, musless a wad for any port or even if the girl wasn't hot. My problem is that i've never had a girlfriend and that's why I wouldn't turn one down...

Chief said:

Hey, maybe if you didn't say such provocative and stupid comments like the one below...

"oh and the doom community is dying, the owners of doomworld just dont want to admit it because they try to act like a huge megasite that only supports the "popular" wads out there. "

I'd have to say you're one of the most unnapreciative persons out there. I mean, Linguica, Covaro and Mordeth (+ AndrewB :-) are spending a large amount of their time maintaining Doomworld for no financial gain etc. Have you ever maintained a site that's close to 2 million hits?? They've built it up from scratch... I still remember the day it opened :-P

No, I'm not under 17, but back then I was still 10 times smarter than you. Really. I think I have ZDoom on my HD somewhere but I don't use it...

BTW, the hottest girl in the world would be Denise Richards!!!!

Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Hmmm... I'm 17. Oh well, since thi guy likes to speak his mind I might speak mine. YOU FOOL!!! I played Doom back in 1994 ( a trully sad year, Kurt Cobain died) and I've been around computer since I had the ability to walk and swear!
I would never pass up a girl for a new Wad!!! Now if you were to say, "doom is your life and you would probably turn down the hottest girl in the world just for a shit-load of hashish" then I'd say "yeah then I'll let the hottest girl smoke some and see who she wants tonight"!

Guest ZarcyB
Captain Skippy said:

THERE IS NO POINT, JUST CHOAS, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIKA-PIKA!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heheheheheheheheheheh........