Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rworld

How do you upload to CD-ROM.com

Guest rworld

I was just wondering how to upload a Doom wad to /newstuff.

Just use an FTP upload program and upload a file anonymously to the /incoming/ directory on cdrom.com.

Guest LCS150

GoTo HTTP://WWW.CUTEFTP.COM / to get a good FTP program. The shareware lasts 30somthing days. I used to use it untill they wanted me to pay to upgrade(freeware v. 4.0 -> 5.0 up)

How about you scroll through the forum and see if anyone else has asked a question before asking? It gets irritating when people repeatedly ask the same thing.

It might allready be here, but how about if Ling puts up a FAQ thing under the forums on the menu. That would help

You will need software such as CuteFTP. Get it at the site listed in one of the posts below. Then follow these steps

(From my post on July 20):

After you've installed CuteFTP on your computer, open up your FTP Site Manager window in CuteFTP. Open up the Anonymous FTP Sites folder (or create one if necessary), click on the Add Site button and type in ftp.cdrom.com. Click on the Connect button (make sure your internet connection is on). You will be taken to the ftp.cdrom.com site. In the right window, select Pub, then Doom2, then Incoming. In your left window, go to the directory where your files to be uploaded are stored. Simply drag the file from your directory to the Incoming directory of CDROM.com. Remember to always upload a text file with your zip file, or Ty Halderman (the site manager) will reject your zip file.

Guest rworld

Just wanted to say thanks to all, you've been really helpful.

Teppic said:

How about you scroll through the forum and see if anyone else has asked a question before asking? It gets irritating when people repeatedly ask the same thing.

C'mon Teppic be fair. True, that question was asked here before, but it was a while ago. By now that old post is a few pages back at least. Sheesh. Do you really expect the poor guy to read every post in every forum on every page? Not every one has been posting in these forums since the beginning you know.