Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icon of Sin

Doom to Quake, eh?

Guest Icon of Sin

Which one are you talking about that practically turns Doom 2 into Quake? ZDoom? JDoom? I wanna give it a shot and see what it's like! I just need the website address.

Guest Bobbert005

ZDoomGL makes Doom kinda Quake-ish....it's got mlook, md2 model support, jumping(i think), dynamic lighting, etc. There should be a link to it under the source ports section.

The most Quake-ish port is probably Legacy, the URL is something like http://www.newdoom.com/legacy (too lazy to check).

However, if you REALLY want Quake in Doom, get EDGE (can't remember the URL) and the demo of Marc Pullen's QDoom project (http://www.doomworld.com/fanatic)

Guest fraggle`

oh god, here we go.

Quake has a better engine than Doom, hence making the Doom engine more like the Quake engine is good.

Doom has better sounds, music, monsters, weapons, atmosphere and gameplay than Quake. None of the ports take any of these things from Quake (except if you count mlook and jumping as gameplay of course).

NiGHTMARE said:

Quake has a better engine than Doom, hence making the Doom engine more like the Quake engine is good.

By 'better' you'd be referring to the engine internals, and in that respect the Doom (even ZDoom and Legacy) and Quake engines are *nothing* like each other at all, and never will be (well, csDoom makes one section of the Doom engine somewhat Quake-ish, but that's about it).

That's why I said "like" rather than "into". There are other Quake (2) like features that are in various ports. MD2 models, dynamic lighting, true 3D, etc.