Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Duke Nukem

Poll

Guest Duke Nukem

I am about to release a demo of something and i was wondering what type of music you prefer in wads. Midis, Mp3's, or other. If other please state what type. And for anyone who does know what it is, please don't give it away.

Guest Kaopectate

Use a .mod format (like .s3m, .it, etc)
You can do kewl effects to the music in game even speed up/speed down and other things..but they do take up a lot of memory/proccessor power cuz it's high quality...

Guest David A

Mod, by far. MIDI sounds kinda cheesy and MP3's are too big and slow.

Guest ragjunkie

use midis like in dwango 6 when nirvana is playig it is soo cool
btw is this a demo of the mod that u would not tell us about??

Guest Ike the Killer

Dude, you should use either MOD's (s3m's), MIDI's, or something else. Mp3's are too freakin' big.

Hey, man if you can do music by yourself then you deserve a medal (maybe it's just that I can't do music). I'd just put in a format that's smallest (or larger if need be).

Guest Kaopectate
Ike the Killer said:

Dude, you should use either MOD's (s3m's), MIDI's, or something else. Mp3's are too freakin' big.

If you can figure out how to implement .vqf then do it..it's 30% the size of mp3 and cd perfect quality (unlike mp3)...plus not that many ppl know how to use that format so it's pretty safe from being ripped off...still I think u should go with mod..easy to do and it has great control and it's small...plus the quality is as good as the samples.

Guest fraggle`

er.. what? mp3s _are_ cd quality

Guest spacedog
Kaopectate said:

Use a .mod format (like .s3m, .it, etc)
You can do kewl effects to the music in game even speed up/speed down and other things..but they do take up a lot of memory/proccessor power cuz it's high quality...

mP3'S are NOT cd quality, dont believe the hype, they're close, especially if you have a tin ear, but not quite, and i should know, but anyway mp3's are the easiest of the listed formats, but just a tad too big for my liking, but just do whatever works best for you.