Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Primative

128 megs ram? NNNOOOO it cant be!!!!!!

Guest Primative

Damnit i just paid 2500 bucks for my pent 3 500 with 128 megs ram, like 4 months ago, CAN I NEVER STAY ON TOP??? Probably not, and no voodo 3 support, i bet there will be, i mean hell some games still support voodoo 1, but damnit i hate having the bare minumin requirements.... anyone ever play Ultima 9, god i hope doom doesnt turn out to be a system hog like that.

Guest fraggle`

does anyone have a clue who this crackhead is?

You just paid 2500 bucks for a P3-500 with 128 megs of RAM? Man, you got ripped off. I have a P3-500 with 256 megs of RAM which I got for under $1000 over a year ago.

You can get a P3-750 (or whatever it is) with 128 megs RAM, top of the range 3D card and sound card for just over $1000 these days. And this is in Britain, where computer hardware costs way more than in the US.

Anyway, in two years time I'll be 21 and guess what? My rich as hell grandfather's giving me $33,000 or so, and a new computer will be first on my list of things to blow it on :)

fraggle` said:

does anyone have a clue who this crackhead is?

He is called Linguica and he runs Doomworld :)

Heh your an utter fool if you think any computer can be future proof for any amount of time.

Guest spacedog
fodders said:

when will people ever make games for anything less than an utter top of the range system, i was dead chuffed 'cos i'd just managed to get 64meg and i figured out how to set the jumpers so it runs at 266MHz and these bastards are saying you'll need 700? i mean for christs sake, give the little guy a chance why dontcha?
bastards!

Heh. Listen the recommended thingummy bob is a load of bollocks. My brothers p200 with 64mb RAM is enough to run Unreal tournament well, with a voodoo3, and my computer is fine for games that count (civ2, ufo, doom, halflife)

Ling and you others, you all got ripped off, hee, hee, hee :-). A PC is allways a lousy deal.
I use a Macintosh.
(and a "Virtual PeeCee" which is only a PC emulation that runs on my MacOS.

I got my P733 - 128 ram - GeForce 256 - 10X Dvd - computer for a sum equivalent to $1200 to be paid of with no interest over three years.

Guest fraggle`
fodders said:

You have to understand that there is a system in use here called "threading". Its quite a simple concept really. My posting was in reply to the original posting. If you actually bothered to look at the timestamps you would see that Linguicas post was made _after_ mine.

Doomworld is for people with half a brain, not stupid trolls who cant read a forum

fraggle` said:

You have to understand that there is a system in use here called "threading". Its quite a simple concept really. My posting was in reply to the original posting. If you actually bothered to look at th

You have confirmed something I have wondered about you in a while now
Sheesh you smmmuck, got no concept of humour? You ACTUALLY didnt get it did you? SAD SAD GEEK

Guest fraggle`

smmuck haha

Linguica said:

You just paid 2500 bucks for a P3-500 with 128 megs of RAM? Man, you got ripped off. I have a P3-500 with 256 megs of RAM which I got for under $1000 over a year ago.

Hmm... you build this yourself?

NiGHTMARE said:

You can get a P3-750 (or whatever it is) with 128 megs RAM, top of the range 3D card and sound card for just over $1000 these days. And this is in Britain, where computer hardware costs way more than in the US.

Anyway, in two years time I'll be 21 and guess what? My rich as hell grandfather's giving me $33,000 or so, and a new computer will be first on my list of things to blow it on :)

Not a preowned Porsche, Beamer or Mercedes? Are you high? I think I'd spend it on a broken in Porsche Boxster S.

Teppic said:

Heh your an utter fool if you think any computer can be future proof for any amount of time.

Sure it can - you just have to know how to buy a computer (and be rich). A 1GHz Athlon with 256mb-512mb RAM and GeForce 2 GTS, 21" Monitor, 75GB HD will last you well into the future - 2-3 years even.

BTW - I think your crazed fish is awesome.

Teppic said:

Heh. Listen the recommended thingummy bob is a load of bollocks. My brothers p200 with 64mb RAM is enough to run Unreal tournament well, with a voodoo3, and my computer is fine for games that count (civ2, ufo, doom, halflife)

Yeah.. it is. I gotta AMDK-6 200 with 32mb of RAM. I have a 4 meg Ati 3dfx card. I can run Unreal Tournament smooth. And it's not software rendering either. I betcha doom3 will run fine on a system with 64mb+.

Peter Heinemann said:

Ling and you others, you all got ripped off, hee, hee, hee :-). A PC is allways a lousy deal.
I use a Macintosh.
(and a "Virtual PeeCee" which is only a PC emulation that runs on my MacOS.

Not only a mac, but linux too which means you arent ostracised from Doom3 when it comes out :D

Hellbent said:

fodders said:

You have confirmed something I have wondered about you in a while now
Sheesh you smmmuck, got no concept of humour? You ACTUALLY didnt get it did you? SAD SAD GEEK

C'mon, if you make an awful joke you have to be prepared for some comeback :)

Teppic said:

Not only a mac, but linux too which means you arent ostracised from Doom3 when it comes out :D

Since Quake 3 Demo came out FIRST for the Mac - then for the PC (but later on the Mac as a final release), I strongly believe that Doom3 will come out for the Mac. But I am also sure that it will be banned in Germany in NO time.
Id released Quake 3 Demo first for the Mac because of the better standardisation of this platform (id´s words)
Even though I do not know how this new game will look, I will stand to my Doom/Doom2 with its outdated engine and its impossible to top atmosphere.

Psyonisis said:

Yeah.. it is. I gotta AMDK-6 200 with 32mb of RAM. I have a 4 meg Ati 3dfx card. I can run Unreal Tournament smooth. And it's not software rendering either. I betcha doom3 will run fine on a system with 64mb+.

I have pii233 with 288mb ram and a voodoo2, and it runs q3 just fine (alltho it looks like my great-great-great-great-grandpa(who is quite dead now)), but it's absolutley playable.

I guess 64 mb will be the minimum for D3, Q3 needs 64 mb for a few big levels, so i'm guessing you Should have at least 128mb to run it good, but that aint so much in a year or two or even now. A 300 mhz processor i think will pull the job with a voodoo3 or something like that. None of this is particurlary pricy now, even less in a cuple'o years.

btw, who cares if a computer can run UT? I'd be blessed if mine couldn't :-)

Guest Kaopectate
Hellbent said:

Sure it can - you just have to know how to buy a computer (and be rich). A 1GHz Athlon with 256mb-512mb RAM and GeForce 2 GTS, 21" Monitor, 75GB HD will last you well into the future - 2-3 years even.

1ghz athalon suckz..an p3 800 with the same amount of memory can outperform it..
get intel's new 1.1 ghz (as long as it doesn't have a celeron next to it either)

Guest Kaopectate
DiSTuRBeD said:

I have pii233 with 288mb ram and a voodoo2, and it runs q3 just fine (alltho it looks like my great-great-great-great-grandpa(who is quite dead now)), but it's absolutley playable.

I guess 64 mb will be the minimum for D3, Q3 needs 64 mb for a few big levels, so i'm guessing you Should have at least 128mb to run it good, but that aint so much in a year or two or even now. A 300 mhz processor i think will pull the job with a voodoo3 or something like that. None of this is particurlary pricy now, even less in a cuple'o years.

btw, who cares if a computer can run UT? I'd be blessed if mine couldn't :-)

I managed to get an old 133 with 16 megs ram and a Matrox Millenium II+Diamond Monster II to run UT!!!!!SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!

fraggle` said:

smmuck haha

yes, strange how the addition of "ck" can actually make a word complete and meaningful :)) SMMUck :)

Teppic said:

C'mon, if you make an awful joke you have to be prepared for some comeback :)

If the sad fool had understood it WAS a joke , any and all comebacks would have been appreciated. But someone with no concept of humour to jump in with a tirade like that is confirmation of what I already suspected :)

Grul said:

I got my P733 - 128 ram - GeForce 256 - 10X Dvd - computer for a sum equivalent to $1200 to be paid of with no interest over three years.

Yeah, well, SCREW YOU TOO! :P

Kaopectate said:

1ghz athalon suckz..an p3 800 with the same amount of memory can outperform it..
get intel's new 1.1 ghz (as long as it doesn't have a celeron next to it either)

Pfft nice benchmark results and proof, intel-boy.