Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brandon Mercer

TeamTNT and Doom 2000

Guest Brandon Mercer

Who in here has played the first hub of Doom2000? I think it's awesome to say the least. The entire 7 levels acts as one huge level. If any of you haven't downloaded it yet, then I encourage you to go to www.teamtnt.com and get it!

And for those who haven't heard of TeamTNT, crawl out from under that rock you've been hiding under and go to the website above! They made Final Doom :)

While you're there, download these amazing 32 level episodes for Doom 2...They are: Icarus and Eternal Doom. You can also get all the Deathmatch levels you want there as well.

I dont like DooM 2000. The levels are awfull. They use some very annoying light. And the scripting is.....Stupid. Sorry, but the only thing i like that they have done, is Evolution....

Guest Brandon Mercer

Well, everyone has a right to their own opinion but I still think they did a hell of a job with their stuff. I wish they'd just hurry things along a bit and release the full Doom 2000!

Im glad u didnt just flame me like most of the Forum people would. yeah, they dont really update their page often :)

Shaviro said:

I dont like DooM 2000. The levels are awfull. They use some very annoying light. And the scripting is.....Stupid. Sorry, but the only thing i like that they have done, is Evolution....

Maonth, you must have quite odd tastes if you don't like Eternal Doom, I'm sure it's in nearly everybody's top ten favourite WADs of all time. I agree with you that some of the TeamTNT stuff is quite poor, Icarus in particular was relatively good for its time but now just looks really mediocre.

Guest Kaopectate
Brandon Mercer said:

Well, everyone has a right to their own opinion but I still think they did a hell of a job with their stuff. I wish they'd just hurry things along a bit and release the full Doom 2000!

I like Eternal Doom and Icarus..but frankly Doom 2000 doesn't cut it...

It may be dark, but someof the visuals (like the vines) are incredibly distracting and nauseating to say the least. There is also the tendency of most people (like me) to get stuck in the engine core room..it's too big and ugly, and there are too many things to do at once and I lost interest after about a day.

NiGHTMARE said:

Maonth, you must have quite odd tastes if you don't like Eternal Doom, I'm sure it's in nearly everybody's top ten favourite WADs of all time. I agree with you that some of the TeamTNT stuff is quite poor, Icarus in particular was relatively good for its time but now just looks really mediocre.

I may have to try that one again (Eternal DooM). Its been years.

Shaviro said:

Im glad u didnt just flame me like most of the Forum people would. yeah, they dont really update their page often :)

Maonth: are you stupid ! Doom2000 are the best demo of arts how demonstrate ACS scripting about the ZDoomHex editing!

I'm angry about the post you've done about that. Sorry but that must been trown of my mouth.
That start everyting for working and searching for our project wads.!
Stupid Doom fans !!!!!!!!!
X-DOOM

Guest Int86x

hey Maonth, thanks for having them delete my thread. YOu know, why can't you mind your own business? I post a thread non-doom related, so you go and complain and have them delete it? What kind of crap is that. Whats your problem?

I DID complain. But i didnt TELL them to delete it or anything...

I asked if its reasonable to flood the forum with AOL stuff.

I didnt go to ling saying DELETE IT MAN.

I was surprized it got off the air myself.

You came and complained to me about it, I went and looked, decided it wasn't the sort of thing we really needed on a Doom message board, and deleted it.

Shaviro said:

Hey, give them a break, they had a few good levels in Eternal Doom. 12, 15, and 28 to be more specific. 15 was pretty simplistic but that music set the mood so perfectly.

Linguica said:

You came and complained to me about it, I went and looked, decided it wasn't the sort of thing we really needed on a Doom message board, and deleted it.

Maybe you should check out the "Buggy Bots" thread. If ever there was a thread that needed deleting......

I feel pretty bad about this whole thing. He told me people hated him...

If i knew this thing i wouldnt EVER have complained. But i feel like shit. He deleted his posts and moved on.

If i just could turn back the time.

NiGHTMARE said:

I think Icarus is still good. I played through it again about a couple of months ago. Had a blast too.

Guest Duke Nukem
Stphrz said:

Maybe you should check out the "Buggy Bots" thread. If ever there was a thread that needed deleting......

Buggy bots was a good thread! I started a topic and it went off into a grudge! Now i have yet another enemy >=}

The Mac version of FinalDoom´s "Plutonia Experiment" was extremely buggy, over 10 bugs. Level 12 was inaccessable, my Mac used to freeze after finishing Level 11 and performed a switch-off, imagine that. I have had to rebuilt the Level 12 in the editor "Hellmaker" and to save as a new WAD to be able to play it. Do not search for the fault on the Mac, it is fairly easy to convert a PC-WAD to the Mac. This work was really sluggish and poor done.
The levels where fine.

Guest Psycho

Are you a TeamTNT salesman?

The D2K demo's scripting is way too buggy, the levels were too green, too many stealth monsters (I hate those things), half of the levels had very few monsters (zombiemen aren't very challenging either), it's altogether very confusing (especially because of the sheer size), and I'm sure they can do a bit more to make it look nice.

I do love the kitchen level, however. Especially the music and the lighting effect.

Guest spacedog
Shaviro said:

I feel pretty bad about this whole thing. He told me people hated him...

If i knew this thing i wouldnt EVER have complained. But i feel like shit. He deleted his posts and moved on.

If i just could turn back the time.

i liked eternal doom, apart from the level where you had to find a secret teleporter, hidden behind a secret door wich was opened by switching on and unmarked wall on the other side of the level, i had to open it up in deth about 4 times before i found it

Guest spacedog

hang on a sec, didn't they create Boom? i think we should all stop bickering and give thanks for all those lovely linedefs, particularly 260.....hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hyena said:

The D2K demo's scripting is way too buggy, the levels were too green, too many stealth monsters (I hate those things), half of the levels had very few monsters (zombiemen aren't very challenging either), it's altogether very confusing (especially because of the sheer size), and I'm sure they can do a bit more to make it look nice.

I do love the kitchen level, however. Especially the music and the lighting effect.

Yeah its way too GREEN.

spacedog said:

hang on a sec, didn't they create Boom? i think we should all stop bickering and give thanks for all those lovely linedefs, particularly 260.....hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok, sure.

Thanx Team TNT for:

Evolution, Boom and some levels in Eternal DooM...