Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Again, the movie...

Hey, I heard more about the DooM movie. Went from TriStar to McFarlane, and now it went to Steven Speilberg!!! Not only does he want to do the DooM movie, he wants to do a Quake movie too! Man, I hope it comes out!!! Only time can tell...

Oh, and if anyone has any screenies, or pictures or any shit, send them to me! Thanks -Jeremy

The doom movie was put on indefinite hold and is now in psuedo cancelled-land. Sorry. I'm working on getting a back issue of an english magasine which had some production photos.

Jeremy said:

Oh, and if anyone has any screenies, or pictures or any shit, send them to me! Thanks -Jeremy

For all thats good and holy, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they dont make a DooM™ movie, have you ANY idea how much it would suck? Most game-->movies suck SO bad bar Mortal Kombat (then they thought they could do it again with MK: Annihilation, which in my own humble opinion was a pile of shite.) but that was it, no other game-->movie even came close to being good. I prefere the DooM™ story in te game where it belongs.

Teppic said:

The doom movie was put on indefinite hold and is now in psuedo cancelled-land. Sorry. I'm working on getting a back issue of an english magasine which had some production photos.

I've got the magazine you're probably talking about, although if memory serves me correctly there's one pic, of an early Spider Mastermind model. I keep meaning to scan it in and send it to DW, but I keep forgetting :o

Teppic said:

Besides. Spielberg cant do a good movie. They always get to be some american-´sweet Junk. Ok Indiana Jones is good. But he got help from George Lucas.

If anyone should make a doom movie it should be Lucas!.

Guest David_A

Uhhh... No. Lucas is an idiot.

Somehow I don't think someone like Speilberg would do a Doom movie either... He's currently working on Stanley Kubrick's unfinished epic AI, so he's kinda busy.

Guest David_A
Shaviro said:

Why an idiot?

Well, there's the fact that the original Star Wars doomed American cinema to big-budget no-story movies, and of course the atrocious 2-hour toy commercial Phantom Menace. "Hey, lets put in a cool looking bad guy with 2 lines so we can sell more toys!! And we'll through in a horrendously annoying lizard creature to keep the preschoolers entertained!!!" AUGH!!

Ehhh?

2 hours Toy Movie?

I saw that 4 times in the cinema. I havent ever bought any Phantom Menace toys.

Guest David_A

Yeah, well, quite a few kids did... I could barely stand to see the thing once, let alone 4 times.

Guest destROYer
Shaviro said:

I think its the best movie ever made.

*ahem* 'tard

Shaviro said:

Ehhh?

2 hours Toy Movie?

I saw that 4 times in the cinema. I havent ever bought any Phantom Menace toys.

Jeez, I practically exploded from that energy that builds up through being bored when I went to see that movie. For some reason I tortured myself by sitting all the way through and not leaving, even though there were probably better things to do, like count ceiling tiles 40 times in a row.

I did get up and walk when I went to see the re-release of the 2nd original movie. Talk about being forced into a coma... those movies are dangerous!