Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

DooM and Virtual Reality

Where on Gods green earth can you get a good pair of VR goggles for only $100 or close, These days? I cant find any, but the problem with the VR goggles, is they are just a moniter strapped to your head! If you look left with your head, the screen dont scroll to the left, and you cant really walk around to far with them. I want to have freedom of walking around! And how about a wireless joystick {or a gun?} for the PC to go along with it? Where can I get this stuff!? I really want it...

Guest T-N-T

Ahh yes, I have dreamed of what you're talking about for years now and there just aren't enough promises about Virtual Reality to make these dreams I have turn into excitement. Oh Jeremy can you only imagine the power of a 3D action shooter that is full Virtual Reality?! The possibilities are absolutely endless. I'd never leave my room :)

You'd also have to get a good doctor because something like that would have the capability to scare you into having a heart attack!

Our World would change drastically, people wouldn't go anywhere, would work at home, would never meet people, would be in VR for half the day, we'd all need doctors to help keep us healthy - it would be sweet (just kidding, it'd kinda suck).

Guest David_A

ELSA has those weird 3d glasses... I have no idea how expensive they are though. You would still have to look at your monitor, but the effect would be in true 3D.

I use a Cybermaxx Head-mounted Display (two monitors right in front of your eyes) with both Doom and Hexen. In Doom I only get a large magnified image (like a movie from the first seat in cinema) with unusual, lush colours and the guarantee to have headache after half an hour. No stereoscopic "real" 3D. But it rocks and you have the impression "to be IN the game".

But with Hexen I have a real stereoscopic 3D (only available in the Macintosh version of Hexen, you will miss it if you have a PC). And this is absolutely incredible!!!
Really, this steroscopic effect is well worth the headache.

Shutter glasses can never give you the effect of a big screen like VR-helmets can.