Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Du, Du Hast, Du Hast Mich!!!

Heh, I just realised how much im alike with the Columbine people. I play DooM. I listen to Rammstein. I want to kkill my classmates. But that will never happen. Heh, send in you doom art work to me -Jeremy

OOh, mind you I was drunk, and tired, and, uh, in a funny mood when I wrote that... Heheh

Guest ObiThrawn

...o...kay

Well, I like Rammstein and want to kill my classmate too (the world would bea better place without all the twats at my school), but I'm too damn lazy to actually plan out a hostile takeover =)

Hehehehehe. I would, but the police catch everone. Heh, and id be condemed to Hell. Damn...j/k

Jeremy said:

OOh, mind you I was drunk, and tired, and, uh, in a funny mood when I wrote that... Heheh

Get help.

Guest destROYer

Hey mee too

Stphrz said:

Get help.

Yeah its a little tastless. Incidentally Doom isn't decade old yet, its just over half a decade old.

Guest T-N-T

Yes Teppic, I believe the copyright date of the original Doom was 1993 if I'm not mistaken so it still has about 3 years to go :)

Guest Kaopectate

you bring up a good point...if doom 3 is coming out around 2002...when 2003 rolls around are they gonna release a tenth anniversary edition...like depths of doom + doom3...if they do that, wouldn't they have to do some heavy modification as well to at least make it run at a normal speed on SUPER FAST computers....doom ran on like 386/66 or 486/66..by that time we should be at about 2.2Ghz..that's scary...

The Doom engine is clipped at 35 fps. That means it will run no faster on a 2 Ghz computer than on a 133 Mhz computer. The advantage of the 2 Ghz computer is that you could run Doom at much higher resolutions without any dips below 35 fps.

In the port "DosDooM" you can get rid of this limitation:
Just type "-singletics" at the command-line.

"-singletics Turns off 35 fps max framerate. DOSDoom plays as fast as possible."

Yeah, but what happens when you do that? The game is no longer playable right. It's like watching a time demo.

Teppic said:

Yeah its a little tastless. Incidentally Doom isn't decade old yet, its just over half a decade old.

Well, moron, was i supopsed to say "7 year old game"? that would sound stupid, so I rounded it off!

Stphrz said:

Yeah, but what happens when you do that? The game is no longer playable right. It's like watching a time demo.

...I once started to watch a timedemo (I was bored ;) and I decided to start a new game, while the demo was still playing. Guess what? The game was playing as fast as the time demo! Dude!

It was for Doom.exe (same with doom2.exe), but I wonder if it works with ports... I'll test it out with Zdoom. =)

UPDATE!

It's the same with Zdoom. Just make a demo with -record, and stand around for a min or so, and then -timedemo the demo, and start a new game, and it should work. Another weird thing, the more action on screen and baddies, as well as getting hit, the game slows a little bit. It was kinda like the cheat in AvsP where the more action around you, the slower time went. FUN. =)

I ran a timedemo in boom, i had like 750 fps.

750/35 = aprrox 22 times faster than normal

and my PC aint even good, a PII233. Imagine playing in timedemo on a 2ghz :-o