Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

DooM music lovers around UNITE!

Lets unite and bring it under ID's nose that we want Bobby Prince do this music. I dont think trenz reznore can do music so genious like Doom2 intermission music. Or D_READ_M without adding an electric guitar. Lets unite. Lets get Carmack's email adress And send him the Doomers oppinions about this. Maybe he will listen to us. Since were the doomers that stayed interested. LETS UNITE AND TRY TO CONVINSE THEM. Its the only thing we can. :) .

I do only want replies saying. I would like Bobby to do the music r something like that. OR replies saying where to find Carmacks E-Mail. If we all write down a note about why Bobby should help Reznor. Im sure Carmack will take a look at it. I thank u all.

Guest destROYer

I want Metallica to do it cause alot of the origioal doom music sounds like it anny-way Mmmmmm MetallicA

Guest Raw

yes, i think it would be cool if metallica did the music for the new doom, but no singing except for angelic choirs. angelic choirs on video games really freak the player out, and you want to be freaked out when playing doom, right?

Well. I would like Bobby and Reznor to do it. Reznore could make the WILD Action tunes. And Bobby could make the nice quite ones. And some wild!

Raw said:

yes, i think it would be cool if metallica did the music for the new doom, but no singing except for angelic choirs. angelic choirs on video games really freak the player out, and you want to be freaked out when playing doom, right?

Ha, Angelic Choirs and Metallica - that is worse than Symphony and Metallica. I tried to organize an Anti-Reznor thing on the comment threads the day he got mentioned and I don't think anybody gave it a second thought. Bozos like him and Britney Spears will appeal to the masses and there's just nothing you can do about it besides work on converting people from that BS to real music one by one, and I'm coming close to giving up on that.

I agree that Bobby Prince should do the music, however I think we should ask him first, maybe he doesn't want to do it..

Guest ZarcyB
Shaviro said:

Well. I would like Bobby and Reznor to do it. Reznore could make the WILD Action tunes. And Bobby could make the nice quite ones. And some wild!

I think Bobby Prince should do the music for Doom 3.

Shaviro said:

What can Reznor possibly conceive that is "wild"?

ZarcyB said:

I think Bobby Prince should do the music for Doom 3.

Hey. Do u want to write a note WHY you want Bobby to make the music. That would help a lot if we were to send it to Carmack. :)

Teppic said:

I agree that Bobby Prince should do the music, however I think we should ask him first, maybe he doesn't want to do it..

Listen to Bobby Prince's MP3s and say again that you want that little more than slightly beefed up midi music in a modern game...

Leave ID alone. It's their game and they can do what they want with it. They don't owe us anything, and they have said before that they pretty much ignore public demands and threats made about their games.

I'm sure that if they think Reznor's music isn't Doom-ish enough then they won't use it and they will get someone else instead.
Also, remember what a huge fan Trent is of Doom. Baring that in mind, do you think he'd really want to ruin the new game with sub-par, unsuitable music?

Guest fraggle`

I have to say that I am thoroughly sick of all of this whining over who will be doing the music. There have to be 20 threads identical to this one already. Frankly, I have confidence in id to choose someone suitable for the task of writing the music. Do not assume that if Trent Reznor will be doing the music then the music will automatically be awful. Also you should realise that this is ids game and not yours and that they can choose whoever the hell they want to do the music.

Well. I guess youre right. But im just trying to make a discussion about it. And try to affect ID. Cause i truly think Bobbys music is the BEST music ever created!

Guest ZarcyB
Shaviro said:

Hey. Do u want to write a note WHY you want Bobby to make the music. That would help a lot if we were to send it to Carmack. :)

lol. Maybe because i think the Doom and Doom 2 musics were amazing. lol. The Matrix had cool music as well. Maybe thats an idea. Get the Propellerheads and people to do the music for Doom 3. OK, maybe not.... But it's an idea.

NiGHTMARE said:

Listen to Bobby Prince's MP3s and say again that you want that little more than slightly beefed up midi music in a modern game...

If you are talking about the MP3's on doomworld, they sound like beefed up Midi's because they ARE midis.

Who says that Bobby can't do other things?

Yea, let there be Bobby prince music, for then there will be greatness in the game :-P

I'd try to get a poll going somewhere on this. Not on doomworld, somewhere it can be up for at lest 3-4 months. It should be: Should Bobby Prince do Doom3's music, followed by yes or no. Nothing more

DiSTuRBeD said:

If you are talking about the MP3's on doomworld, they sound like beefed up Midi's because they ARE midis.

Who says that Bobby can't do other things?

No, I'm talking about the MP3s Bobby made himself, the ones on Doomworld were done by some other guy.

NiGHTMARE said:

No, I'm talking about the MP3s Bobby made himself, the ones on Doomworld were done by some other guy.

oooh, i didn't know about those. Where can i get em?

Bah. Let Count Grisnackh do the music. If you doesn't know who Count Grishnack is, you don't want to ask.

ZarcyB said:

lol. Maybe because i think the Doom and Doom 2 musics were amazing. lol. The Matrix had cool music as well. Maybe thats an idea. Get the Propellerheads and people to do the music for Doom 3. OK, maybe not.... But it's an idea.

YES!!!! BOBBY PRINCE ALL THE WAY!!! NiN is for Quake, and that is where it will always belong! We want Bobby Pronce, and I whish "id" would get that through there damn skulls! Damnit! The music is one of the main things that made me get that feeling from DooM!!!

Whoever does the music I will carry on playing Doom with -nomusic :) just glad csdoom has option to add -nomusic to args :)

Guest David_A

It seems that no matter who id chooses to do the music for Doom3, there will still be people who hate it. So, why not hire someone to make music that is despised by _everyone_? At least people could agree on something!!! They should dig up some absolutely revolting noisecore/goregrind/power violence band and force them to work with the cheesiest EuroDance group they could find!! IT'LL BE GREAT, I TELL YOU!!!!

fodders said:

Whoever does the music I will carry on playing Doom with -nomusic :) just glad csdoom has option to add -nomusic to args :)

Nobody listens to music when playing DM. In SP it can really enhance the experience though.

DiSTuRBeD said:

oooh, i didn't know about those. Where can i get em?

Bobby had them on mp3.com, but they took them down 'caus they reckoned that they "infringed copyrights" or something, even though Prince owns the copyrights to them himself.

Last thing I heard he's looking for a decent alternative or something.

Guest Kaopectate
NiGHTMARE said:

Leave ID alone. It's their game and they can do what they want with it. They don't owe us anything, and they have said before that they pretty much ignore public demands and threats made about their games.

I'm sure that if they think Reznor's music isn't Doom-ish enough then they won't use it and they will get someone else instead.
Also, remember what a huge fan Trent is of Doom. Baring that in mind, do you think he'd really want to ruin the new game with sub-par, unsuitable music?

Actually, they do owe us because we are the consumer.
But that doesn't mean we can tell them what to do.
If something as simple as the music can't be agreed on by this small group of people then id should realize that we won't be happy no matter what they do. This gives them freedom to take the music in any direction that they want. If i don't want to listen to the music, I don't have to..it's as simple as that. There's always cd players and music players and such. And by then with a 2Ghz processor and a huge amount of ram, who says we can't run both DooM3 and music player.

NiGHTMARE said:

Bobby had them on mp3.com, but they took them down 'caus they reckoned that they "infringed copyrights" or something, even though Prince owns the copyrights to them himself.

Last thing I heard he's looking for a decent alternative or something.

True, those are really, really, really crappy MP3s, but still better than anything Reznor could possibly conceive, let alone turn up. But consider that if Bobby Prince had the funding of ID Software behind him, he could probably get together an entire orchestra to play his music.

Captain Skippy said:

March of the Pigs/Starfuckers

Those are hardly "wild", but I gotta say the March Of The Pigs does have it's average-paced sections, so the slightest bit of credit is due there. Starfuckers... heard it all before.