Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

What engine will be better???

Guest David_A

Considering that the Unreal engine is a lot more advanced than the Q3 engine (and it came out a lot earlier), I would have to lean torwards Sweeney.

David_A said:

Considering that the Unreal engine is a lot more advanced than the Q3 engine (and it came out a lot earlier), I would have to lean torwards Sweeney.

Q3 ENGINE IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE UNREAL ENGINE SO STOP TALKING CRAP!!

Guest ZarcyB

The Q3 Engine was cool and looked pretty but the Unreal Engine was faster and had some features the Q3 engine didn't. The Q3 engine was kinda stupid (the world is space you can walk in, you add walls to it, while the UT engine had the whole world solid and you subtract boxes from it, much easier). The 2 engines are equal I reckon but in different ways.

Dima said:

Your post was just as retarded and unfounded and shit as his, so shut your disease ridden mouth and go back to popping boils on your bloating stomach.

Guest fraggle`
Dima said:

lol its jeffk!

pay attention toke and fodders, _this_ is what is known as "a lamer"

ZarcyB said:

The UT engine had the whole world solid and you subtract boxes from it

Yes I agree that approach is more sensible.

Teppic said:

Your post was just as retarded and unfounded and shit as his, so shut your disease ridden mouth and go back to popping boils on your bloating stomach.

*Hands over a prize to Teppic for winning the "most-insults-in-one-single-sentence" award*

:)

Guest David_A
Teppic said:

Ok, I guess that really should have been

"Since I think the Unreal engine is more advanced than the Q3 engine (and it came out a lot earlier), I would have to lean towards Sweeney."

Happy now, Mr. Sunshine?

Grul said:

*Hands over a prize to Teppic for winning the "most-insults-in-one-single-sentence" award*

:)

Thanks. I'd like to thank petrol tax, the guy who ripped off my uncle with his computer, the 18m of BNC cable and/or other network peripherals that are just not working and my a level exam module markers.

Teppic said:

Actually, it's a fairly inconsequential difference. Essentially it's a difference of the "default passability" of the space. Notice that you could make a large solid cube in a q3 editor and proceed to subtract cubes from it, or you could subtract a large cube in a UT editor, and proceed to add back solids.

Well if I started a level the first thing I would do would be build a hollow rectangular room (or corridor). Using the quake method I create a hollow cube and 'hollow' it to form 6 hollow cubes, each of 6 faces most of which are then later removed by vis. With the unreal method, I cut out the space I need and reveal 4 faces, in one movement.

Teppic said:

You could construct a Q3 editor and compiling tools that would operate the exact same way. That was simply a choice made by the author of the Unreal editor. It has nothing to do per se with the actual engine. The Unreal engine deals with polys in pretty much the same way as the Q3 engine does.

Guest nox

After playing q3 I wasn't that much impressed by the engine. However after playing heavy metal fakk2 wich is also based on the quake engine, I'm forced to say it's the best engine around.
But play the fakk2 demo or grap an iso and convince yourself

Guest T-N-T

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...ha!

They don't call him the "Master" of the 3D engine for nothing!

John Carmack...forever.