Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recidivus-X

What's Up

Guest Recidivus-X

(This one's a bit long. If you don't know me, don't waste your time. :)

Happy endings are satisfying, so I figured I'd share one of my own.

It's been almost a year since I left Doom to pursue other interests, and it certainly has been quite the year. I cannot think of a time in my life more difficult than the phase I suffered through during the past few months. As you know, I was diagnosed with clinical insanity, suffered several schizophrenic episodes, and was dangerously close to suicide.

Since then, however, I've managed to put my life back together again. I'm writing a book, I have a steady job, and I know exactly where I'm going with my life. According to the psychiatrists (pricks), I've made a complete 180°. Life is worth living again. It's almost as if I've been cured of a terminal illness.

I went into #doomroom for a few minutes to catch up with my old friends. It was a largely unpleasant experience which reminded me of why I left the community in the first place. What I need most in my life is stability, and I was never able to find that in the community. I was just killing time... time that should have been used as wisely as I am using it now.

As the pages of my life roll over from one chapter to the next, I can't help but thank God and all of my friends for their unyielding support. The Doom community has a few really terrific people that don't deserve to be among the company I had to deal with for so long. I hope they, like myself, will realize that their time and talents would be better channeled elsewhere.

Even though my time in the community was dotted with unpleasant experiences, I feel that it was wholly necessary. The lack of trust and respect I had to deal with made me realize the very sanctity of said virtues. I suppose that if you want to see a rainbow, you have to deal with the rain first.

I extend good luck to all of you and I hope that you are able to feel fulfilled in your lives. As for my own life, it's time to start living it.

Best wishes for the future,
Recidivus.

Guest destROYer

the question is: what is under?

Hmm. Great story! But don't bother with #doomroom. Come to #Doomworld! Much better place! Albeit quieter, but still better.

Nice to hear from you rec :) make sure you drop in from time to time, just to tell us how your book is going..

Heya. Nice to hear everything's alright. I gotta get to my book too......

Hi Rec. Dont bother about #Doomroom. It sucks. I entered there once and got banned without bugging people. Go figure!. No come to DooMWorlD. Me. Kakodaemon and Fear_Keeper spend a lot o' time in there. We are not mean or cruel like a lot o' people here are!. We are looking foreward to see u.

We don't go around telling people to avoid #doomworld and join #doomroom, and your lucky for that- indeed you three are the only people EVER there bar ling, mord and Andrewb, and chanserv who dont count. And if we did, there's an average of 19 people in the #doomroom as of 22:53 21/08/00, and its summer- during the season its more like 30 so count yourselves lucky.

Incidentally rec knows all about #doomroom, he was an op there.

Teppic said:

Yep he knows all about #Doomroom: quote "I went into #doomroom for a few minutes to catch up with my old friends. It was a largely unpleasant experience which reminded me of why I left the community in the first place. " :)

heh. Very good. Indeed I didn't miss that part. Let me just dig up why he was kb'ed in the first place...

ah yes, it was calling everyone sick demented etc. then leaving, and he asks why he isn't welcome back? We aint the christian church you know.

As I've said, not one person has given a valid reason as to why they were unfairly kicked from there, and indeed we have many people joining everyday without any problems at all and enjoying the experience, so all I can say is, yours is an unfounded, unsupported, lame attempt :)

Shaviro said:

Hi Rec. Dont bother about #Doomroom. It sucks. I entered there once and got banned without bugging people. Go figure!. No come to DooMWorlD. Me. Kakodaemon and Fear_Keeper spend a lot o' time in there. We are not mean or cruel like a lot o' people here are!. We are looking foreward to see u.

If your referring to when I banned you, it was when we were having an argument in your lovely channel #doomworld, and everyone was typing in capitals and using shorthand 'ur 2 lame' (ARGGH!) which pisses me right off, plus you were insulting me etc. so I banned you in advance. And you neglect to mention I unbanned you, and told you so, the minute you stopped shouting.

Not as if I worry, if anyone was to try out both channels they'd find the one they would like, whether its a busy engaging chat, or an occasional trickle of typing every few days, mostly in capitals between the 3-4 regulars who are the only people ever there. And chanserv doesn't even talk back! :P

Teppic said:

We don't go around telling people to avoid #doomworld and join #doomroom, and your lucky for that- indeed you three are the only people EVER there bar ling, mord and Andrewb, and chanserv who dont count. And if we did, there's an average of 19 people in the #doomroom as of 22:53 21/08/00, and its summer- during the season its more like 30 so count yourselves lucky.

DooMWorlD is so much better. In Doomroom everyone talks about something not doomrelated. Besides. I dont like going somewhere, where you will be banned for not doing anything!. We talk about non-DooM-related stuff at DooMWorlD too. But thats only when noone else are talking!

Teppic said:

heh. Very good. Indeed I didn't miss that part. Let me just dig up why he was kb'ed in the first place...

ah yes, it was calling everyone sick demented etc. then leaving, and he asks why he isn't welcome back? We aint the christian church you know.

As I've said, not one person has given a valid reason as to why they were unfairly kicked from there, and indeed we have many people joining everyday without any problems at all and enjoying the experience, so all I can say is, yours is an unfounded, unsupported, lame attempt :)

teppic, don't bother with these people. if they want to think that #doomroom sucks, let them. with that kind of attitude, i don't see why we'd want to try to change their mind. and as for those who would believe them without questioning or looking into the situation themselves, we don't need those sheep either. let those who want to enjoy #doomroom do so.

and as for recidivus, you should have stayed dead.

Hey. I got in there.

2 guys where flooding.

I was telling them to stop.

I got banned?

Why?

Guest Recidivus-X
aurikan said:

teppic, don't bother with these people. if they want to think that #doomroom sucks, let them. with that kind of attitude, i don't see why we'd want to try to change their mind. and as for those who would believe them without questioning or looking into the situation themselves, we don't need those sheep either. let those who want to enjoy #doomroom do so.

and as for recidivus, you should have stayed dead.

Aurikan, "staying dead" is not an option when you realize you're well on your way to living life as it should be. All it took was patience and positivity (two virtues which I had to learn ahead of time). In the same vein, I hope you overcome your drinking and anger problems; perhaps you can find the same happiness in life as I have.

Recidivus-X said:

Aurikan, "staying dead" is not an option when you realize you're well on your way to living life as it should be. All it took was patience and positivity (two virtues which I had to learn ahead of time). In the same vein, I hope you overcome your drinking and anger problems; perhaps you can find the same happiness in life as I have.

You left out extreme stubbornness and closemindedness too.

Recidivus-X said:

i don't have a drinking problem and i don't have an anger problem.