Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest T-N-T

Has anyone played this wad yet?

Guest T-N-T

At ftp.cdrom.com there is a megawad in the ports section of Doom 2 called...Herian 2. Has anyone played this yet? I played it about 3 or 4 months ago and it had some of the most amazing maps that I had ever seen in a Doom 2 level. Yeah it's even got fog and all that. I'm not going to tell you what's in it exactly but I think you should all download it just to use the IDCLEV cheat to jump to every map and look at it in map mode! Amazing. This guy's talented...especially map 25 (I think). So, go get it and tell me what YOU thought about it :)

I believe that it's for ZDoom however.

It's mostly just an underdetailed attempt at recreating Hexen in Doom. The original Hexen was much, much, much better than these maps.

true, and the monsters in herian are an embarrassment

Guest T-N-T
Lüt said:

It's mostly just an underdetailed attempt at recreating Hexen in Doom. The original Hexen was much, much, much better than these maps.

Underdetailed you say? I don't think so, like I said, check out map 25 and tell me if that ain't the most incredible Doom level ever made! It's the one with the ship in it. (Actually 2 levels I think)

As for the monsters, most of them are from Heretic, not Hexen :) And they are a joke because of the Doom limitations.