Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

DoomWorld vs. AOL - Round One

Alright, I thought I could let it slide, but I just can't. When I visit the forums I get kicked off-line constantly, what gives? Piece of shit AOL.

A note for new comers to here: AOL ip addresses are all banned from here Doomworld forums.

999cop said:

AOL ip addresses are all banned from here Doomworld forums.

No they aren't, otherwise he wouldn't be posting from AOL.

Lüt said:

No they aren't, otherwise he wouldn't be posting from AOL.

when did ling change the rule about aol clients?

999cop said:

When the forums switched software.

999cop said:

He didn't exactly change it, but upgrading the forum software lost all the old bans and there wasn't really a reason to replace any of them. Fresh start so to speak.

Archvile64 said:

It also pruned all the old bans :(

Doesn't

Lüt spake:
upgrading the forum software lost all the old bans and there wasn't really a reason to replace any of them. Fresh start so to speak.

say that?

I was visiting the forums a long time ago and had no problems (probably at least a year ago). Anyway, I've download AOL 7.0 (was using 6.0) and no problems with the forums yet! Hooray! *crosses fingers*

GayOL is gay. I had it for a while, got sick of it eating up all the memory, and got a way more reliable (except for when they bott you off after 3.5 hours)...

Archvile64 said:

It also pruned all the old bans :(

But a lot of the old bans got re-banned after doing retarded crap soon after. I think REoL, Executor, and Shotgun_Bill all were on that list.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

(except for when they bott you off after 3.5 hours)...

:: sulk ::

I get booted off every one hour and fifty-eight minutes.

Davidoom said:

I get booted off every one hour and fifty-eight minutes.

Ditto, but that's what keeps my DSL affordable.

the_Danarchist said:

But a lot of the old bans got re-banned after doing retarded crap soon after. I think REoL, Executor, and Shotgun_Bill all were on that list.

Heh, executor came back a lot of times on each version of the forum. REoL got banned by AndrewB just because he didn't like him, I actually had no intent to ban REoL and neither did Ling. (At least, until he did something incredibly stupid, but everything he posted in his time here was just fine and I saw no reason for rebanning him.)

gatewatcher said:

Whoa. thanks for being pleasant towards me DN! i appreciate it ;)

Now you're asking for it.

gatewatcher said:

Whoa. thanks for being pleasant towards me DN! i appreciate it ;)

I have walked the earth. I have spoken to many men. i have seen the universe and watched the stars. I have looked in awe upon the formation of planets and gazed into the black souls of men. I have spoke with God and fought the Devil, I have held a newborn child and cradled a dying soul. I have within my hands the meaning of life and at my feet the foes that tresspass against it.

In all my years

In all my experience

In all my existance

I have never met anyone as goddamn fuckugly STUPID as you.

How big can avatars be any way? i made one for when i can use it and it's the standard size. can they be bigger now?

gatewatcher said:

How big can avatars be any way? i made one for when i can use it and it's the standard size. can they be bigger now?