Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest koor

NEW TC - Antichrist Doom

Guest koor

Antichrist Doom is what i call carnage levels. You will have all the ammo you need but will you be stroungh enough to make your way through this hell ? hard to say.

This TC is very well done, many modifications were made so it can greatly improve the game. Some of the modifications include;

black demons with red eyes, black cacodemons,red hell knights,
red plasma sparks, improved textures, sounds, musics and over 20 crazy levels wich give the player an amazing adrenaline rush because of the challenge each of them is for them.

If you are looking for DEATHMATCH maps, this TC include 7 top quality deathmatch Arena so you can challenge your friends and show them your superiority in the greatest environment possible.

Please take a look at this website i have built for it and try it out. i'm sure you won't be disapointed, i can't stop playing this TC :) i managed to finish all the levels alive starting from scratch (idclev) so they are all possible to do without dieing once or cheating.

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/hexen/84

or take a look at this screen shot
http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/hexen/84/shot5.html
isn't it awesome ?:)

I hope you guys like it. Comments are welcome.
see ya

Koor
koor@graphic-designer.com
-----------------------------

Okay, I bought it. I decided to try it. And I have 3 words to say to this.

"Pure, Utter, Crap!"

I feel sorry for the author who spent time into this. But, it just got very boring. There are insane amounts of monsters which are way to hard beyond words. And its the same thing around every corner. About 30 cacodemon's here. 15 baron's there.

It just got real boring real fast. And it didnt seem like this "TC" knew what ammo/health wad. Just your random mega-sphere here and there.

Some of the levels were just re-textured Doom / Doom 2 textures. Those level's were not that bad actually. Since they were re-textured with the full "hellish" theme. It kinda gave you the feeling that our past level that we've beaten so many times has succumb to the vile reaches of hell itself. But, thats pretty much the theme throughout the whole entire game. Other levels that were done by the author were just plain BAD! Texture errors, monsters stuck together (too many monsters all together). There were error's beyond words here. But, it at least re-tained the hellish scene there. But, if you play this...expect to run into about 25 baron of hell's and about 20 cacodemon's (with a few archviles) in a HUGE open room about every 5 mintues or so.

The graphics were okay, I suppose. They were just re-colored Doom monsters and sprites. But, the new black demon I must admit does look better than it's orginal. The hell knight has been recolored totally red. That was a mistake. The cacodemon's and pain elemental's are black also. The plasma in the game is red, which is another graphical mistake since plasma just "IS NOT RED!" The new menu graphics are so-so...as they could be worst..but better at the same time.

Final Verdict: Put this WAD into a time machine and launch it 6 years back into the past and it will be a instant hit! But, as for today, it just dosen't live up to today's standards and expectations.

Score: 2/10

Wow! Hey, I should start my own reviewing site! =)

Lüt! Did Nightfang give you permission to use his account?

:)

Ok, I tried it too. I'll be honest. I agree with Nightfang. The techincal aspects of this TC are simply atrocious.
However, I happened to play this thing last night at about 11:00 pm. I was alone and the lights were out. I have to admit to getting spooked by the atmosphere. Those black demons and the new sounds really creeped me out :). That doesn't happen to me very often. So in that respect I thought it was very cool.
There is definately something worthwile here in my opinion, but the overall design needs a whole lot of work before it approaches anything resembling acceptable by todays standards, or even the standards of six years ago for that matter.

Guest Ike the Killer

Carnage? Andrenaline rush? Black Caco's? Sounds kinda like an idea I have for Kill...but with worse monster mixtures and placement. After all, placing a ton of Cacos and Barons is boring. See the next paragraph...

Oh, while I haven't played it, one word of advice: Don't make a room with just one kind of monster. The more diversity, the harder. A room with just imps or zombies is incredably easy.

Guest koor
NightFang said:

Well NightFang, it seams to me that you are not good enough at doom to play these levels yet. and when you say items are placed randomly, well it's probably because you don't understand the way the maps works.

I said that it was very hard and challenging. Doom is like 10 years old so hardcore doomers have a whole lot of experience in that game. Well i am and i still find them challenging even after years of playing. These maps were designed for experienced doomers. Surviving through one simgle level is a whole lot of fun because it's that hard. When you are near the end and you only have 10% of health left it really push adrinalines because you really don't want to die. Every times you try it's going to be challenging because of that.

If you know how to handle shotguns you should have no problems (monsters are stupid and easy to fool) even 30 cacodemons and 15 barons, even tough it's less than that. Demons are very easy to kill with the super shotgun because these monsters are meant to be in groops they are harder to handle when working together because they surround you. Just make sure they dont and you'll be fine :)

As for this 30 cacodemon thing i'm pretty sure your talking about the map 7 after you killed both cyber demons with the super shot gun in their arena (yes it's possible, i did it several times) map 7 is a boss map so each rooms are arenas that represent a different challenge and they are all very hard. this map rule when playing coop. in Single player you should save when you clear one room.

Some of the levels are just retuxtured and enhanced because it took less time than to build from scratch and i learned by doing this. i remade them because they were some of the greatest and i beleive i made them a lot better in this TC. I included them so there are more different maps you can play. if you don't like a map just skip it with IDCLEV.

i admit some things suks, like the menus, some sounds (imp death and injuries soundsetc...) anyways this tc is old i don't have time to work on this tc at all now as i'm involved in other 3d projects.

hehe todays expectation, what's that ?:) what is hot these days in doom ? glzdoom with ugly 3d models ? honnestly i like the original sprites artwork a lot more than any 3d models that would ever be in that game. and the color lighting is great but unnessecery to gameplay, i think it's like converting doom to quake instead of dooing a doom mod for quake wich would be a lot better i think. Zdoom is simply the greatest port that was done for it and i doubt anything will get better than this for doom. It even suport Hexen scrip like map editing ! wich is the coolest feature added to zdoom, i'd do some maps using that if i had time to work on Doom some more. I loved Hexen map editing in fact i also created a Deathmatch TC for this game that in my opinion beats Doom deathmatch, it's so violent and brutal :)
if you have this game you got to see this :)
http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/hexen/90/hexcarnage

Tanks for sharing your opinion, i appreciate it,

l8r

Koor

Guest koor
Stphrz said:

Ok, I tried it too. I'll be honest. I agree with Nightfang. The techincal aspects of this TC are simply atrocious.
However, I happened to play this thing last night at about 11:00 pm. I was alone and the lights were out. I have to admit to getting spooked by the atmosphere. Those black demons and the new sounds really creeped me out :). That doesn't happen to me very often. So in that respect I thought it was very cool.
There is definately something worthwile here in my opinion, but the overall design needs a whole lot of work before it approaches anything resembling acceptable by todays standards, or even the standards of six years ago for that matter.

Hehe spooking you out is exactly what these maps are about, i still get spooked sometimes when i turn and get something right in the face when i don't expect anything and i'm close to dieing :)

i admit that the overall design needs a whole lot of work i didn't really cared about the design, all i cared was to do great looking monsters and levels that were challenging and evil then i have put all that together. I really couldn't give it a worst name actually, i hate it's name now i named it because of a disgusting pic of the christ that i had found and included in it. I name it antichrist doom because of the pic... don't worry that pic has been removed because it would have pissed too many people hehe :)

that thing is over 6 years old, i have done better things after that, it's just my first experiments :)

l8r

koor said:

I think NightFang is referring to that actually map design rather than any fancy effects. Compare your levels to even the worst levels in, say, Darkening E1 or even Mordeth E1 (which is like 3 1/2 years old) and you will see how crap they are.

koor said:

I'm not talking so much about level design. Although, your major flaw was in that area. Detailed maps are okay, simple (small) maps are okay. But, when it all boils down, you've got to sit back and ask yourself "Is this fun?" And if the answer to you is "yes", you've got to then ask yourself, "Will other peopole think this is fun?"

Swarms of tough monsters coming at you in a huge room, fun? No. It is challenging, yes. And I too have played Doom since its shareware release back in December of 1993 so beating that is very quite possible. But, I didnt bother really, since fighting all of them just got real boring.

Dont worry about how cool your product looks or anything like that...focus on the PLAYER! Ask yourself what will the player be thinking when she/he approaches this area? And top VERY VERY top priority of all game design:

MAKE IT FUN!!

hey im making one called an-ar-chist doom

http://members.fortunecity.com/deathbringer666

sorry,couldnt resist-if you didnt get it listen to the sex pistols more...

Guest koor
NiGHTMARE said:

I think NightFang is referring to that actually map design rather than any fancy effects. Compare your levels to even the worst levels in, say, Darkening E1 or even Mordeth E1 (which is like 3 1/2 years old) and you will see how crap they are.

well i'm amazed... i have just downloaded Darkening E1 and none of the map in this is close to be better than any of the maps in Antic, You all seam to be pissed because of cacodemons and barons together but this is a lot less anoying to kill than a buntch of imps and soldiers with the little gun. because when you get to fight them your full of super shotgun bullets and you never lack any. demons can be killed in one shot, cacodemons can take 2-3 shots and barons 3 or 5 so it's still easy, Just put that shotgun between their eyes and fire, don't stay far :) imps with the little gun take 6-8 bullets to die and it's anoying when you have a lot to kill. Demons can take about 12... in your darkening crap i was lacking of ammos all the time at the begining of each levels and i got bored really quick.

I have seen how crap Darkening levels are. none is close to match my maps. man take a look at map 5 and 5 in Antic.

pick one map and try it until you finish it alive then you'll know how to beat it and it will be more fun the other times.
Map 1-2, 4,5 are some of the easyest i think 3,6,7 some of the hardest. Map 17 and 19 are amazing deathmatch maps that are very fun to do singleplayer but still very hard. in my maps the supershotgun is the best weapon, if you try to kill cacodemons and barons with the chaingun that might be anying i admit, but why would someone do that when they have the SShotgun ?

I'll check if i can record demons in zdoom so you can see how i beat them.

I really don't understand what is wrong in these map designs as the maps you seam to like are shitty ugly and anoying to me. maybe it's too evil for your taste. I noticed most people enjoy maps that have a more natural look even tought it's more ugly. i guess you would like my map 12 as it's looking more natural.