• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GBJacksonCGDC

The Cooperative Game Development Community

Guest GBJacksonCGDC

Greetings to all...

I am G. B. Jackson, founder and director of the Cooperative Game Development Community (CGDC). Most of you know me as the director of the Chaos Crew (http://www.doomworld.com/chaoscrew).

I am looking to gather individuals who are skilled in varrious aspects of game design, including (but not limited to) Level design, C++ coding, game scripting, Music composition, Graphics design, sound design and game concept development. The purpose behind this is to create a pool of human resources from which organized development teams may be formed to create original games to be sold or freely distributed at the team's disgression.

The Doom editing community happens to be one of the most long-lived communities an game development, and the talent I see in it is astounding. It is my hope that some of you may read this message and join the CGDC (not to be confused with the Computer Game Develpoers' Conference).

As an individual member, you will be placed "on call", available for inclusion in development teams that will form from within the community. If a team needs someone with a particular skill to assist in the developmet of their project, by being on call, you are letting them know that you are available to assist.

If you already have or are a part of a DOOM development project, You could move the project under the CGDC umbrella. By doing so, all members of the CGDC will be kept up to date on the status of your project, and it will be given another avenue of publicity. All that member teams need is a link to the CGDC on their project's own web site.

If you have ever dreamed about designing a game, then the Cooperative Game Development community would be an excellent place to look for talented individuals who may be willing to help you get your project off the ground. A similar message to this one will be (and in some cases already may have already been) sent to the communities surrounding games like Unreal, Quake, Wheel of Time, Jedi Knight and Half-Life. The CGDC is in its infant stage right now, but with help from members of these and other editing communities, it will mature and grow.

It is my hope that, through the CGDC, we can demonstrate that the corporate game companies are not the only ones who can create good games.

If you would like more information about the CGDC, please e-mail me at CGDCmaster@aol.com

Take care, and God bless...

In Christ,
G. B. Jackson

Interesting idea. I noticed you use an AOL address.... I don't like C++.