Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChriS

Ion Storm: Dissapointment or Appreciation?

Guest ChriS

Do you think it was dumb for Romero to break away and create his own company? I think that was the stupidist move he's made, plus i've seen reviews of Diakatana that it's not really a well made game. And Mr. Romero, if you can read this, JOIN ID SOFTWARE AGAIN!!! You made a big mistake!.

Please post your reply for your opinion.

Guest litenDavid

Since Doom the game is more sacred to me than id the company - and far more than Romero the person - i didn't react that badly to the news of him defecting. Although i of course weren't happy about it. But playing Daikatana comforted me somewhat; It's well-made, sure, but quite plain and utterly boring, with no trace of the magic found in Doom whatsoever. And since Q3A is an absolutely wonderful game (far superior to UT!), it proves id's still up there. so i'd say no big loss. A bit blasphemous, i know, but still...

I very, very, VERY much doubt that anyone sane would quit a company that he partially owns to go back to their old company.

I thought Romero was fired, or left through 'mutual agreement' i.e. they didn't like him.

Guest Erick20

I think he probably did the right thing for himself. He knew he could (and probably has) made more cash for himself this way than any other way. Now if the goal were to keep the quality up, then yeah, I think he should'a stayed with ID.

Or maybe it was more for personal respect? Perhaps he couldn't live with the idea of working FOR someone for the rest of his life.. (which I also agree with, I hope to start my own buisness someday.)

Guest fraggle`

I seem to recall that Romero was fired from id. Anyway, dont forget that they have made Deus Ex as well (which is a great game apparently)