Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest destROYer

wolfy 3D port

Guest destROYer

Godamnit ive been looking for a LOOOOOOOOONG while now and i cant find a wolfenstien 3D source port does anyone know where i might aquire one of theese?

uhh Doom <-there! this is a doom related post!

Guest doomgod12345

yae i have been looking too, i wish i had the full version of wofl3d agian i lost it a wile back when i moved

There aren't many source ports, because

a) The Wolfenstein source isn't very portable/flexible at all, and

b) Not a lot of people want to put that much effort into such an old game anyway, especially when orthagonal raycasting engines are so easy to make.

I have the Wolfenstein source (you can get it for free at www.wolf3dbunker.com ) I haven't made an actual source port yet, but I have done some pretty interesting things with it (I added an automap function, and a silencer, so you don't alert guards when you shoot, among other things)

There have also been people adding misc. things to Wolfenstein, such as fog/shading.

And do a search for "Wolfenstein GL" I think someone was making that (though, as I recall, they didn't have it downloadable on the site last I checked.)

If you're a good programmer, you should get the source and port it yourself. =)

Oh, and PS: Doom Doom Doom

KinkaJoy said:

There aren't many source ports, because

a) The Wolfenstein source isn't very portable/flexible at all, and

b) Not a lot of people want to put that much effort into such an old game anyway, especially when orthagonal raycasting engines are so easy to make.

I have the Wolfenstein source (you can get it for free at www.wolf3dbunker.com ) I haven't made an actual source port yet, but I have done some pretty interesting things with it (I added an automap function, and a silencer, so you don't alert guards when you shoot, among other things)

There have also been people adding misc. things to Wolfenstein, such as fog/shading.

And do a search for "Wolfenstein GL" I think someone was making that (though, as I recall, they didn't have it downloadable on the site last I checked.)

If you're a good programmer, you should get the source and port it yourself. =)

Oh, and PS: Doom Doom Doom

have people been adding fog/shading, or have they added it, like is it something i could use in editing¿