• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LRM

Umm.. like, source port questions man.

Guest LRM

Hey, some source port questions here.

With Boom OR Smmu: I can't get any sound effects, just music! I have tried every sound card on the setup and I get nothing.

With Zdoom: Zdoom is incredibly slow! I'm not just talking choppy, it must run at about 2 frames a second!

I would have posted this in the source port forum, but more people talk here.

Pleeze help me
I like pie
Hey check it out beavis
You're still reading this?

I also had this problem. Not too hard to fix. In windows, Goto control panel, then system, then device manager then in sound game controllers goto your soundcard. In mine it says: sb16 device, if that helps any. Double click that and click the resources tab. Now write down the numbers in that little white window, goto your boom directory in dos, and run asetup.exe

Then select whatever sound card you have, and enter the correct numbers.

if zdoom runs slow, do you have a slow video card¿ if so go to softseek.com under tune-up adn benchmarking on one of the pages and download hztool.zip it lets you set any refresh rate for

Zdoom is slow... I'm afraid. There's not much you can do about it other than buy a new computer/video card, but don't bother, it's not worth spending money for.

If you ask me, all source ports should run on a 486 as fast as doom did.

Good point, but who in their right mind would still own a 486 when you could probably get a one day job somewhere and be able to afford a low-end pentium?

Afterglow had one for ages, and I might as well have one since all I do is IRC and code nowerdays.