Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest acidflash31

.... hey what about other 3d games ??

Guest acidflash31

yesterday i had download some unreal tournament wads to get(/steal) some ideas for our doom projekt ...and than i had a idea (!?) .... this question!!

Did you play other (more detailed) 3D games like UT or Q3A or halflive????
and when your answer is yes .. why ??
isnt doom the ultimate game ?

I have played everygame that has ever been a 3d FPS. Why? Because Doom may be THE game, but you have to be a complete MORON to just play it all alone, especially when you have a system that can run Serious Sam, Quake 3, and Half-Life without slowdowns. I mean, come on! I have every Doom product I can get my hands on, a homemade poster of Doom, and not just one, but TWO doom dirs filled to the brim with wads (about 1 gig each ;) and a buttload (which, translated into english mean one hell of a lot :) of mods and whatnot that I made because I was bored, but I also play any 3D game I can get my grubby hands on. =)

It's a waste to play only one game, and no matter what the hell people say, I will get a game, and play it for myself. I've heard nothing but bad things for Daki..Da.... whateverthehella, and I'm STILL gonna get it.

...ok, I've said too much, and can't remember what I was trying to say here, so I'll shut up now. :^)

Test-0

You bet I do. It started with Duke3D, Dark Forces, Heretic, Hexen, Blood. Then the next generation of games came out -- Quake, Hexen II. Bought and played them all (although there were some shitty games that I only tried the shareware for -- SiN, Requiem). Then came Quake II, Unreal, and Jedi Knight. All excellent games, which I own. I just haven't moved on to the next generation of games (Quake3A and Unreal Tournament), mainly because these are primarily multiplayer games and because I've really had my hands full with DooM editing during the past year.

I play these games because they provide a different game play experience from DooM. Of course I still enjoy DooM, but then who doesn't?

Guest Aiylyn
Test-0 said:

I have played everygame that has ever been a 3d FPS. Why? Because Doom may be THE game, but you have to be a complete MORON to just play it all alone, especially when you have a system that can run Serious Sam, Quake 3, and Half-Life without slowdowns. I mean, come on! I have every Doom product I can get my hands on, a homemade poster of Doom, and not just one, but TWO doom dirs filled to the brim with wads (about 1 gig each ;) and a buttload (which, translated into english mean one hell of a lot :) of mods and whatnot that I made because I was bored, but I also play any 3D game I can get my grubby hands on. =)

It's a waste to play only one game, and no matter what the hell people say, I will get a game, and play it for myself. I've heard nothing but bad things for Daki..Da.... whateverthehella, and I'm STILL gonna get it.

...ok, I've said too much, and can't remember what I was trying to say here, so I'll shut up now. :^)

Test-0

WHAT??!! NOBODY MENTIONED DESCENT 2? hmphf.

Actually I've heard that Descent II is spectacular. I played Descent, but at that time I was a keyboarder and had a very hard time moving in "true" 3D space. In short, I sucked at Descent. As a result I never tried Descent II. I've been using a mouse for a couple of years now, and maybe I'll give it a shot.

Btw, I have Heretic II, and because I was so used to the first person perspective, I had a lot of learning to do to get used to a third person perspective. But Heretic II is also an excellent game that hardly anyone mentions. Blood II is another cool sequel, but it runs really slowly, even with graphics acceleration.