Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

I can run an FTP

According to my ISP, if it does not consume huge ammounts of bandwith I can run an FTP, which I will do. If Elbryan is will to help me I will let people upload avatars to my FTP to use them. Remeber that I only have Cable for a few months (unless I get a job) so don't get to attached. I'll let you all know when I get the FTP up and running.

Installing an FTPd is the easiest thing on earth for linux, and I found out the other day fairly easy for windows too. Enjoy being hax0red.

I could be wrong, but I think avatars have to be on an HTTP (web) server for you to upload them. I doubt you can put them on an FTP server.

Some of mine have been on Cren's gAyOL FTP server, and they worked fine...

Jon said:

Installing an FTPd is the easiest thing on earth for linux, and I found out the other day fairly easy for windows too. Enjoy being hax0red.

Kind of hard to get hacked when you have a firewall...

The greatest h4X0rZ can still get around a firewall muahahahaha....

Heh, although I really don't see why someone would want to hack an ftp filled with retarded 36x36 pictures.

Archvile64 said:

The greatest h4X0rZ can still get around a firewall muahahahaha....

Heh, although I really don't see why someone would want to hack an ftp filled with retarded 36x36 pictures.

Same reason they hack AOL I guess.

bigbadgangsta said:

Same reason they hack AOL I guess.

Well, when you hacked AOL you can at least say "hey, I hacked AOL, a big company. ph33r m3". You can't really brag about having h4x0r3d some guy from the Doom community :P

Well a firewall will keep out the skript kiddies. Any hacker capable or determined enough to get past a firewall wouldn't be wasting his time and skills hacking into someones lil ol ftp.

Kind of hard to get hacked when you have a firewall...

A well configured and up to date one perhaps

Where can I get info about setting up an FTP or HTTP under Windows?

And I mean info written for intellectually-challenged people like me :-)

There's an HTTPd shipped with win95 and probably others ('personal' something-or-other) but it is trivial to buffer overflow so probably not worth using unless you believe in information communism. Otherwise, FTP daemons hm http://serverwatch.internet.com/ftpserver-warftp.html war FTPd although there's a fair few exploits for that- not sure about latest version. Erm, generally unless for private/LAN use, windows based ftp/http daemons are a bad idea.

Personal web server? I didn't know you could use that! I just use it to run ASP pages!

/me runs to check PWS documentation.

elbryan42 said:

Hmm... sounds like a not bad idea bbg.

Problem is I'm not gonna have Cable for long and my ISP says it can't use up to much bandwith so avatars are out. Maybe a temporary mirror for stuff on the Doom Depot?

Now that Doom2.net serves my Doom stuff, I no longer need a mirror for that. Just toons now. And trust me, toons will take up MUCH more bandwidth and usage than avatars. :P We're talking AT LEAST 80-100 gigs a month.

Why are you not having cable for long BBG? What's the point of getting it for only a short amount of time???

Archvile64 said:

Why are you not having cable for long BBG? What's the point of getting it for only a short amount of time???

It was a reward for passing all my classes. If I get a job, I can pay for it and BOOM, I got Cable ^_^

/me runs to check PWS documentation.

I wouldn't bother.. you can buffer overflow it with the freakin URL path for crying out loud, instant hax0rage.

Hey! What are you guys trying to pull? PWS only works on intranets.

I knew it sounded fishy: I've been using PWS for months and never heard anything about this.

Oh well, back to winmx...

Winmx seems to be really, REALLY good. Kazaa seems to have a good amount of shit, but I don't like spyware. Morpheus seems to have gone to shit, Limewire is whack as fuck.

And as for Napster..... well, I won't even go there. They FUCKED THEM ROYALLY! :(