Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PainoMan

EFnet Doom

Guest PainoMan

Why is it that on the main page of Doomworld does it advertise #doomworld but everybody is actually in #doomroom? What kind of loyalty is that?

The last time I was at #doomworld, the only person there was dEstROYer (or however he capitalizes his nick!). He told me to go to #doomroom and lo and behold, there was Linguini and everybody else!

Guest Duke Nukem

#doomworld is me and my friends room on irc devoted to this site. Not! It is called #doomworld because we like doom. DALNet Doomworld is the one on the page

Loyalty to who? Doomworld? People can chat wherever they want, I can't tell them what to do. #doomroom has been around for quite a while on several different networks and so more people are bound to go there just because of that.

Duke Nukem said:

#doomworld is me and my friends room on irc devoted to this site. Not! It is called #doomworld because we like doom. DALNet Doomworld is the one on the page

?? #doomworld as 'advertised' (linked) on doomworld.com is on telefragged's own IRC server, not dalnet.

Guest PainoMan

Actually, these answers are about what I expected. I thought that #doomworld link might be a different thing from the #doomworld on EFnet, but I figgered I'd post anyway.

DALnet? eeeewwwwwww!

Guest PainoMan
Linguica said:

Loyalty to who? Doomworld? People can chat wherever they want, I can't tell them what to do. #doomroom has been around for quite a while on several different networks and so more people are bound to go there just because of that.

I agree Linguica, but I thought you folks would have at least been in the chan.

Anyway, it appears I was mistaken and the #doomworld chan on EFnet and the link that appears on the main page are not the same thing.

Sorry fer buggin' ya.

Guest destROYer
TheProphet said:

I think it's destROYer (only "ROY" capitalized)

That would be me...

Uhhm, just to set the record straight (I notice a lot of replies already)..

Doomworld.com advertises #doomworld on the Telefragged IRC network.

There is a #doomworld on efnet which is unaffiliated with doomworld (they seem to exist solely to cause confusion).

#doomroom on efnet is, dare i say, the most active doom channel on all of irc, and it used to be advertised on doomworld but this led to problems as people started to think that #doomroom was run by doomworld, or endorsed by doomworld, or something to that effect. So now doomworld points towards it's own channel, #doomworld on the Telefragged network.

Hope this helps.

-mewse