Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MuThaFaKo

Newbie question...

Guest MuThaFaKo

I don't know how to play levels I've downloaded or where to put them once I download them..
And skins..where would you put those?

And multiplayer..I'd like to play someone sometime..just tell me how and I'd be happy to play..

I just can't seem to find the information I'm looking for..and anything that I see is always for Doom2, I only have Ultimate Doom..

Guest LRM

Ok, heres what i do for playing levels.
1. Download into a special folder for your levels. lets call it "doomwads"
2. If using doom95 (the thing with the launcher that runs from windows)go to step 4. If using the normal runs-off-dos-doom, go to step three.
3. from the command line in the dos prompt, type "doom -file D:\doomwads\filename.wad" where filename is the name of the wadfile you wish to play.
4. Find the custom wad selector on the doom 95 launcher, then use it to browse for the wanted wadfile. Use the level selector to go to the episode and level the wadfile is on.

Skins are wadfiles as well, do pretty much the same thing with your source port from the command line.

I play multiplayer very little, but maybe csdoom?

Guest destROYer

okay.. someone else will probably explain but,
how to play wads: use a program like deathmanager,

you REALLY need to get zdoom go to zdoom.notgod.com
multiplayer:
and csdoom / vavoom /doomserv look for them in the multiplayer section of doomworld (here) you will probably need doom 2,

welcome!

LRM said:

Ok, heres what i do for playing levels.
1. Download into a special folder for your levels. lets call it "doomwads"
2. If using doom95 (the thing with the launcher that runs from windows)go to step 4. If using the normal runs-off-dos-doom, go to step three.
3. from the command line in the dos prompt, type "doom -file D:\doomwads\filename.wad" where filename is the name of the wadfile you wish to play.
4. Find the custom wad selector on the doom 95 launcher, then use it to browse for the wanted wadfile. Use the level selector to go to the episode and level the wadfile is on.

Skins are wadfiles as well, do pretty much the same thing with your source port from the command line.

I play multiplayer very little, but maybe csdoom?

I don't use csdoom because I can't handle the lag (ping>500). Usually I will play over doomserv using -Dup 2 or 3 to make the game more controllable. I always seem to get my ass kicked (or if I start winning, the other guy quits), but im new to deathmatch so I guess I can expect it for quite awhile longer.

CSdoom sucks, especially when there is one really good DMer with a T1 or T3 line who's got the ping less than 50 (He seems to kick everyone's ass).

Guest MuThaFaKo

I forgot to mention I have ZDoom...how would you do it with that?

Guest LRM

Like you would any version of doom.(talking about wads and skins)