<fraggle> no colours!
<kao> HOW DARE YOU LECTURE ME
*ploink*

A well deserved kick in the basket.

Guest Nuno Correia

BWAAHAHHHAHAHAH!

Sorry.

Guest Kaopectate

Um...that's not what is important. I don't care if i'm banned and would rather not get into that. I'm just interrested in starting a doom related color-friendly social channel...that's all.

When you goto the chat thing here on doomworld and look at doomroom it even warns you about it so it's not like it's new to anyone that a great deal of people don't like it.

actually..that's not even how it really went
i turned off my script by a command that uses one color (yeah i know) but than i got in a whole big argument with everybody and fraggle was like Oh yeah well...bye... that's all.

Also...u and fraggle are the reason i got banned from #csdoom today...i didn't really want to argue and you and fraggle came in and started bitching at me (i didn't even use colors this time) and metal was just sick of us arguing and banned me...wtf is that?

Kaopectate said:

Um...that's not what is important. I don't care if i'm banned and would rather not get into that. I'm just interrested in starting a doom related color-friendly social channel...that's all.

When you goto the chat thing here on doomworld and look at doomroom it even warns you about it so it's not like it's new to anyone that a great deal of people don't like it.

i turned off my script by a command that uses one color (yeah i know) but than i got in a whole big argument with everybody and fraggle was like Oh yeah well...bye... that's all.

Also...u and fraggle are the reason i got banned from #csdoom today...i didn't really want to argue and you and fraggle came in and started bitching at me (i didn't even use colors this time) and metal was just sick of us arguing and banned me...wtf is that?

Connect to irc.telefragged.com and join #doomworld! It's as simple as that. You're not going to be kicked out. Unless you flood.

Keep that crap out of here please, Teppic. I really don't give a rat's ass what goes on in #doomroom. Fight over email, not here. Thank you.

Kaopectate said:

wtf is that?

Favoritism.

It's the same as the courts and cops, only not quite as life-changing.

Kaopectate said:

If you openly criticise a channel its only fair for it to defend itself. And I'm banned from #csdoom so don't blame me for whatever you got yourself into there either.

AndrewB said:

Connect to irc.telefragged.com and join #doomworld! It's as simple as that. You're not going to be kicked out. Unless you flood.

ANDREW!

Please don't call for all the lamers at #Doomroom!

That room has nothing else!

Guest Kaopectate

ok..this is y i made my post non-reply... I just wanted to know who was interrested in setting up a channel...i don't care really what happened in there, and to say someone is a lamer when the person themselves spends almost all day online and has nothing better to do than call people names and stuff...that's pretty sad.

wow, yet another person beaten back from sensible argument/discussion and resorting to unfounded personal insults- I not once called you a lamer. And you set it to no-reply yet posted flamy stuff about doomroom and don't expect a hit back? Please grow up, you're pandering for an audience.

Are you getting these lines from some book on practicing maturity? It's not really working. You got the asshole-ism down but your openmindedness still falls into the age category which you would suggest that Kao and some of these other people are acting, thus you're not much better than they are in terms of being accessible, or welcome for that matter.

Guest fraggle`

I'd like to point out that the warnings happened over several days, infact I believe i must have warned him at least 5 times. We try to keep #doomroom a respectable channel, and have rules to enforce this. One of these rules, for example, is not asking for warez. Another is not using colours, which make the channel look lame and annoy people using irc clients which do not support them.

Kaopectate seems unable to understand that we do not allow colours in #doomroom. I explained this to him and warned him several times but his attitude throughout was along the lines of "if you dont like colours then turn them off" (which is missing the point of the rule). He made it clear that he was not going to abide by the rules, and continued to annoy people with his irritating colours and scripts.

Understand that we are not actually elitist or unfriendly people in #doomroom, despite the claims of a small minority of people who say otherwise. However, if you persistently annoy people in the way Kaopectate has done then you can and will be banned. Its a shame it had to come to this, I can see Kaopectate is unlikely to return even if the ban is lifted. I'm sad to see him go but he brought it on himself.

Teppic said:

If you openly criticise a channel its only fair for it to defend itself. And I'm banned from #csdoom so don't blame me for whatever you got yourself into there either.

Can't we all just get along? Cripes... we are all here because of the love for a truly great series of games. The least we can do is try to stick together. Everywhere I go, all I see are people jumping down each other's throats. Bugger...