Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Xec96x

Mac Doom ports?

Guest Xec96x

Anyone know of any Doom ports for doom? And how about multiplayer for mac? I havn't seen any ctf/dm mods anywhere.

Have a look in the 'ports' section at the entrance to doomworld.com- lots of ports listed there, some mac ones too.

Hi, Mac-comrade.

Legacy will release a native Mac-version in the near future. I am waiting for it like you (maybe you also use to use PC-emulations for Dos ports).

The Legacy homepage is:
http://www.newdoom.com/doomlegacy/

Legacy is an excellant port with lots of features (all described on their very well made homepage)

This is what I posted some days ago on the source-port section here on Doomworld:

"MacLegacy would help me out of this emulation-hell.
The developers are:
Bill Heinemann (not related with me) and
Calum Robinson
Bill Heinemann was involved in the devolopement of Wolfenstein3D for the Mac.

their emails:
Bill Heineman: burgerbill@users.sourceforge.net
Calum Robinson: calumr@users.sourceforge.net

Maybe you could offer your service as a beta-tester?
In every case they would be happy about some kind words, I think.
But you can also post your question on the Legacy-forum:

http://www.newdoom.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Doom+Legacy&number=9

Please feel free to contact me with every Doom on Mac question."

Well, and there is also a heretic port for the Mac, available at the source-port section here. It is made by Brad Oliver and works fine (comes with the shareware iwad).
Neither Brad Oliver nor his homepage is still reachable, I do not know what has happened to him, so go and download it as long as it is still available here. For loading Heretic pwads you need a registered iwad from the Dos version, the shareware iwad will not work for addons, even though Brad Oliver gave the programm-file the ability to load add-ons. Maybe some recources are missing in the shareware iwad.