• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Fragsalot

Co-Op CSDoom Revisited

Guest spacedog

I thought work had stopped on csdoom, maybe i'm wrong

Yes, but even if every single person in the Doom community mailed Fly and told him to do something, or even if every single CS Doom player stopped using it, Fly would still refuse to listen to anyone but himself.

I wouldn't be suprised if he even ignored a suggestion by John Carmack himself.

I think it would be better to just petition an existing port with coop support to improve their netcode...

HEY GUYS!! THE CSDOOM SOURCE CODE IS AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!! THAT MEANS YOU CAN WRITE THE CO-OP CODE YOURSELF!! ISN'T THAT *COOOOOL*?!?!

Seriously, you have no idea how much of a hassle it would be to add Co-op support into CSDoom. Fly is working for free, give him a fucking break already. If you think adding co-op support would be trivial, then maybe someone else will do it. Don't expect programmers to be your little bitch, "WE WANT CO-OP GIVE US CO-OP BECAUSE WE HAVE A PETITION AND LOTS OF PEOPLE WANT CO-OP SO PUT CO-OP IN".

Programmers on Doom source ports don't get paid. That means they work on what they want, when they want. You are free to suggest things to them, and you might pique their interest enough that they'll see if they can implement the feature. You are not free to DEMAND features, especially if you have no idea how much work it would take to implement these features. And if you DO have a good idea about what it would take to implement the feature, then you should be doing it yourself instead of whining about it.

spacedog said:

I thought work had stopped on csdoom, maybe i'm wrong

Yeah I heard it was cancelled too

Just play coop on ZDoom! It's playable for me, especially since you don't need incredible latency against a bunch of monsters