Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LRM

Doom on the Daily Show.

Guest LRM

If you like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" like I do, you would have noticed they had a comedy story about a parrot influenced by vulgar TV, repeating vulgaraties from shows like south park. In one section, the vulgar parrot is watching a doom demo on the tv screen.

Where have you seen doom?

They were playing E1M1 in that Congo movie (or whatever the one with those mutant apes was.)

Guest ZarcyB

I saw a Doom 2 arcade machine in Grosse Pointe Blank in the background!!!!!!!!!

Guest ChriS
Lüt said:

They were playing E1M1 in that Congo movie (or whatever the one with those mutant apes was.)

Yep, I saw it too. It looked modified

I saw a heavily modified screenshot of Doom 2 on some news show (I think it was The Daily Show) a while ago. The reporter (probably Jon Stewart, but I don't remember for sure) was saying something about videogame violence, and in the background was one of those report header collages. In it was a heavily photoshopped Doom screenshot; translucent, with the background removed. The only thing in the picture was the status bar, the doom guy's pistol, and a zombieman being shot.

Whenever I see screenshots of video games on TV, I try to see if it's a place I've been, so I can chant annoyingly to my bewildered and annoyed friends "I know where that is, it's episode n level n and right around that corner is..." but in this screenshot, there was only a gun and a zombieman. And the only weapon the player had was the pistol. I'm guessing it's probably level 1 of Doom 2 (or Doom 1), judjing by the weapon, enemy, and the fact that you wouldn't need to go to a different level to take a screenshot.

(Yes, I know I'm the only one who watches the news and think of this stuff.)

I also saw Doom 2 in the news on a local station a long long time ago and I remember seeing the player playing on MAP03 on the part by the red key doors.

(Yes, I remember that. And I don't even remember my own IP address.)

I saw some animation of doom2 in action on map01 on my local news - it was one of those news broadcasts about school shootings or something.

Get out your guns and shoot em' they're giving doom a bad rap!

Guest Jello Biafra
ChriS said:

Yep, I saw it too. It looked modified

A long while ago I saw it on the daily show as well.I think it was about when we fought Iraq last time or something. The DooM guy was running around with a shotgun shooting a chaingun guy and a lost soul. Then some imps killed him and John said that they were doing their touchdown dance ('cause DooM enemies are always look like they're running around, even when they're standing still). I laughed my ass off.

I just laugh when ever they show DooM and say it's making kids violent, they're killing demons. I don't see anyone saying Rainbow Six is making kids go out and kill people, even though they're killing real humans in Rainbow Six. Well, that's about that.

Guest Jello Biafra

Yes they do, glad to see another person who likes them.