Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Doom deathmatch VS Counterstrike

Are you tired of Counterstrike GEEKS as well?

Ok here we go!

Doom deathmatch features the most intense gameplay EVER!

Counterstrike features?

Some people say you will have to think in counterstrike, not like in doom and quake. Actually here i have noticed that people talk LESS to eachother under Countertstrike than a normal deathmatch. Counterstrikes purpose is stragedy, but you only get the role Counter-terrorist and terrorist. The MAIN goal is for the terrorists to protect their base or house or whatever. While the counter-strikers needs to save the scientists. But hey, it always turns out to be a regulair deathmatch, no stragedy whatsoever. People just run around and get sniped. And since Counterstrike is running that "realistic" and slow. It gets boring pretty fast. I just don't get those geeks who love it that much. I've seen people react more strategic in a normal deathmatch than in counterstrike. A good mod for half-life is Team fortress. In that, you get a role like spy or Heavy Weapons Dude ot whatever. And it features things like Capture The Flag and The guy with the Umbrella Hehe, that always makes me laugh. Now THAT is Multiplaying!. In counterstrike everything is so slow and stupid. I really HATE the realistic gameplay. It can ruin everything. Its so darn stupid you can only carry a handgun, a knife and a gun!. Weapons shouldn't be limited, that just makes it doll. The purpose of buying your weaps make it unfair. If you are a Counter-terrorist, you will get more money. And if you have get the sniper, you will have the advantage. Then the other poor guy is trapped. Another thing i have noticed in Counterstike is all those stupid bugs. You can shoot through brick walls with your sniper gun. You can shoot a shotgun bullet at some guys head without him taking damage. Stuff like that, that really decreases the enjoyment of the game. People who talk about Counterstrike all the time must be lacking some braincells. ITS NOT THAT FUN DAMMIT!. Its slow, its boring, theres bugs all over, the scientist are dumber than ever, the snipers just suck, the gameplay aint there. I have never heard more arguments from Counterstrike guys than

1. It's so strategic
2. It's beutifull
3. It's not just running around in circles and shooting

My answers to that is:

1. It's less strategic than normal Deathmatch
2. Well, it may be an advanced engine, but the bugs kinda like drags it down!
3. Yes it is, it gets to be that!

Bah i telsya! BAH!

Why they don't play a game MEANT for Dethmatch like Quake 3 or Unreal tournament I DONNO. Or maybe just Games fun in deathmatch like Doom, quake, quake 2?.
OR maybe a mod for half-life that actually is fun for more than 5 minutes!!!....

Now Doom deathmatch is so intense. It never gets boring! NEVER!
I hope Doom 3 will have the same Nice Gameplay in BOTH single AND Deathmatch + Co-op!

Whenever i play Doom, it alwas ends up with people talking to eachother, yelling at eachother like "!Gotcha Muthafucka!" or, "whats the stragedy?". And then we can ask ourselves "WHY do we yell that?" Well because the game gets fun and we become more social!. Think about it for a while. Whenever someth9ing amusing happens in school, work, in the telli or on the Comp, you become glad, laughing sometimes, and more social. In Counterstrike there is NO such thing. Really, when i say Doom deathmatch is more fun, more strategic and more social, People always go like "Doom is so darn ugly, its just the running around in circles, and why are you playing such an old game" Well, they always laugh when i talk about the new abilities in Doom.

Well, let me hear YOUR oppinions about this!

Maonth

Guest Rambo

Yeah Doom deathmatch rulez but btw BLUE SUX!

My friends prefer counterstrike because they aren't as good as me in deathmatch. I'm not trying to be big headed or anything, I mean I sacrifice large amounts of my social life heh.. but they prefer not being forced to kill the other player. They like the tactical edge to it.

And they all play LAN wit me- the internet experience is pretty much FFA.

But ít always ends up being a slow deathmatch!

Besides. Theres NO tactical edge to it!

Even less than a normal DM game!

Counter-Strike is far and away the most popular online FPS right now, so it must be doing something right.

If you don't think that CS involves strategy, then you're playing it wrong, and that's why you're hating it so much. The mentality of a lot of people when playing Counterstrike is to rush the opponent and try to take as many down as quickly as possible, which is just about the wrong thing to do unless you like being dead 80% of the time.

The way to play Counterstrike is to act as if you really value your life -- sneak around, stick with teammates, listen for sounds, camp if you need to. Counterstrike is not meant to be some fast-paced fragfest -- it is supposed to be a slow, pacing experience punctuated by moments of intense combat. If you are playing Counterstrike well, the enemy should barely have a chance to even see you before he's dead.

As for the bugs -- weapons are SUPPOSED to shoot through walls, as they can in real life. You can only shoot through certain materials with certain thicknesses, and the damage from bullets is increased realistically as it loses energy. As for shooting someone in the head and not hurting them, you just missed or winged them.

Counterstrike and Doom are two very different games and it's not really fair to compare them. CS is meant to be more realistic and strategic, while Doom is supposed to be all-out balls to the wall.

I thought you were on UCLA!

Oh well...

People ARE playing it wrong!

They play it like normal Deathmatch! What you think is strategic is the Scientists right?

Well. Team fortress is better!

Guest JudgeDooM

Your arguments on the DooM deathmatch are totaly right. But what you say about counter, well I don't agree much with that, except the point where you say that you fire at a guy like there ain't no tommorow, and he has the time tou turna at you, shots 3 bullets, and you're the dead one. That really makes me angrrrrryy!! Linguica is right, it's the most popular online FPS nowadays, wheter you agree or not. Sorry. But DooM is also still much played on the internet and I love the way it is played! Hope there will be this same "feeling" in DooM 3!

BTW, what did I say to you yesterday on ICQ chat? Why did you quit like this, saying nothing at all? Did I respond you unpolitely when I said that you were right about my ping (it sucked on your server compared to yours)? Well, my english is not perfect yet, I'm stiil studying it. Well if I replyed to you unpolitely, it wasn't voluntary. I beg your pardon in case of...

Guest Kaopectate
Shaviro said:

Guest Kaopectate
Shaviro said:

No way in hell does DOOM have the most intense gameplay ever, well, not in DM...SP it does though.

Decent Multiplayers: Quake (yeah, it sucks in SP, Multi is good
Quake II (good game overall)
Starsiege: Tribes (it rocked)
Unreal Tournament

Decent non-DM multi: Uniball (www.uniballcentral.com)
Subspace (www.subspace.net)
Arc (well, when Arc2 comes out it will be good, arcbeta.won.net)

That is all!

Shaviro said:

But ít always ends up being a slow deathmatch!

Besides. Theres NO tactical edge to it!

Even less than a normal DM game!

Yes there is, you can rescue hostages, force the opponents into a small area, snipe, stop the bomb, bomb, escape, assassinate...

I think that Counter-Strike is great and has more strategy than Doom deathmatch, for the simple reason that team-based games with goals require greater skill to win than free-for-alls.

We can have the best of both worlds, hopefully, with the release of Covert Ops. The demo of this mod is great, and hopefully they will include team-based multiplayer.