Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enzo

Problems w/Doom

Guest Enzo

Hi. I've been having problems with Doom/Doom2 on my computer. I dunno if this is the place to tell, but here goes:

When I run Doom95 (I have Doom for windows95) there screen goes black and then the blackness "melts" to reveal the first level. Only on my copy, it melts about 1/5 mm down and then my PC completely freezes up.

The only thing that I can guess is causing this is that my sound card isn't "registering" in Windows. It's there in my PC (and actually works fine in DOS games), but it doesn't run in Windows/Windows applications. I've tried reinstalling Doom, etc.

But I also have a question. Is there any way I can mail my copies of Doom & Doom 2 to ID games and get the older versions that run on DOS only? 'Cause I downloaded Doom sharewear and this is a really old sharewear version, and it works fine.

Thanks!
-Enzo

Guest JudgeDooM

I have this 1/5 screen problem too...but only when I finish the game, u know, the scene where there is the DooMguy rabbit in the grass...try to change your soundcard (because if it is an old one, it could perhaps be the cause to your problems...like you said...)