Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LRM

Somethin's f*cked up right here...

Guest LRM

I just remembered something funny from about six months ago. I remember I was hunting around software stores here in town for a copy of DooM ][ (My old one kinda messed up or something, wouldn't run anymore) and my search was in vain, so i bought it off www.idsoftware.com .

The funny part is though, while I couldn't find a single damn copy of DooM ][, I found a VERY LARGE abundance of Wolfenstien 3D games.
This happen to anyone else? Or is it very common?

Guest Firebrandt

The EB I go to is usually well stocked with Doom2. I saw a Wolfenstein3D copy there too. It's kinda funny though, since these are the only two classic titles they seem to carry. They don't even have Final Doom (or Duke3D for that matter).

I found a copy of Strife in a bargain bin at Radio Shack once--cost me over 35 freakin' dollars but what'ya gonna do. :/

I've only ever seen 2 copies of Wolfenstein 3D... one in London Drugs and the one that I ordered. As for Doom, one of the superstores near my house had all of the versions of it, but they were sold in a clearance sale.

Guest PainoMan
Firebrandt said:

The EB I go to is usually well stocked with Doom2. I saw a Wolfenstein3D copy there too. It's kinda funny though, since these are the only two classic titles they seem to carry. They don't even have Final Doom (or Duke3D for that matter).

I found a copy of Strife in a bargain bin at Radio Shack once--cost me over 35 freakin' dollars but what'ya gonna do. :/

I bought Wolfenstein 3d still sealed at a flea market in Pearl Ridge, HI for 2 bucks. It's the version kinda like Doom95 and it comes with Spear of Destiny too.

$35 for Strife? You must have bought it the day it came out or something! I got it for $8.99 maybe a month after it's release, and they have copies of it now at Software Etc. for $2.99. I always liked that game too. Never quite finished it. I got to where you get through that force field and into that big area but I haven't played it since. I think my install is corrupted because I once tried to go back into the jail and the game crashed on me. Maybe I'll start all over....