Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

Source Ports War!!!

Guest Kevin

Part1--1:ZDoom 2:EDGE 3:Boom 4:Legacy 5:JDoom etc.
Part2--1:ZDoomGL 2:DoomGL 3:GLlegacy 4:Doom3D etc.

Ok guys,now please give me some opinions that which port is the best of these two parts.

The best port is the one you like most. Oh, and we do not need or want any port war (at least I do not).

every port has it pros and cons it all depends on what you yourself find crucial, edge is very customizable (although slow, and lacks some of zdoom's neat features), zdoom has acs scripting and better music support (through fmod), and i think boom runs alot faster then the others.

As for the 3d versions i havn't got much experience.

Guest Nuno Correia
Jon said:

PRBoom wins.

Stick to Doom95 :)

Guest spacedog

Legacy is the best port to play with
Zdoom is best for making fancy levels
Edge is best for making new beasties and suchlike
but prboom is a very good all-rounder
however i reckon the next version of legacy, with 3d floors and fragglescript and boom compatability will beat the crap out of all of them

Guest Nuno Correia
Shaviro said:

Doom95 is not a port, but a launcher!

Oh yeah. This is my post Number 400!!!

It is a port, Maonth. It was a special Windows 95 version of WinDoom (which is a port, too) which allowed Hi-Res modes without stretching.

Guest JudgeDooM

ZDooM, GLlegacy and csDooM

EDGE

but wishes other ports had similar characteristics though... then I would like almost all of them.

I like characteristics from all, but wish everyone would make one big bad port with every little feature in it!

Zdoom. It combines all the good (and some of the bad) from Hexen, Doom and Quake.

Leagcy 4 eva!-zdoom's good too but i like legacy more cause it comes with a STABLE luancher-and just looks incredible,that and the blood on the walls,and bullet holes!

but zdoom does have scripting,and securitrons for it (easily my favorite TC-Probablt cause its very similar to my anarchy one)

edge would be good-cept its mouselooks shit and it doesnt have autoaim (as i found out while playing covert ops,much to the amusement of the machine gunners in the towers)-edge's 3d floors are amazing though,and ddfs just the best!

another one i like is (gasp) MBF!-Ok so it doesnt have much good features (hi res,boom support...) but the helper marines are what weve all dreamed of ('what if one other person did survive...')