Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BahdKo

A problem we WILL SEE INCREASINGLY:

I went into a very well stocked computer store in northern Virginia last week. I looked all through the software, and realized that Doom2 was not for sale. They had putrid, childish-ass adolescent-intended Duke 3d, but they didn't have Doom2. For a while, places used to carry a package that was a grouping of Udoom, Doom2, and some third thing (final doom perhaps?), but now there is nothing.

It used to be that when people came onto forums and IRC asking for Doom2, it was because they were trying to warez it. Now that Doom2 is disappearing from the store shelves, we are going to see, increasingly, people who just seriously want it and cannot find it.

Here's how to help them: ID Software sells it directly off of their site. Direct them to 1 of two URLs:

http://www.idsoftware.com/shopping/smauls.html ,

or, send them to my site

www.dx.net/doom2

and tell them to go to the "links" section :)

on ID's page, IGNORE the fact that the text for the link for downloading Doom2 says "broken link". It works and downloads the file. I havent tried the file, hopefully it works as explained.

--BahdKo

Guest pickle_hammer

Good job! You get a smily face cookie!!! Here ya go:
:)

Guest spacedog

That package is "the depths of DooM Trilogy" it has the master levels and a couple of hundred others, that's how first got into doom, fantastic

This may sound a little strange, but if you're looking for DOOM II, Walmart is a good place to check. I have been to many Walmarts that have copies of DOOM II in their $10 bargain software racks. It just comes in a little CD case, so you don't get the box, but hey it's cheaper than ordering from ID Software. This is where I got two copies of DOOM II (the first time I had the floppy disks, lost those, then I bought the CD, and lost it, then I bought another CD).

Guest doomgod12345

one of the things u will start seeing is the lack of all violent games like quake3 and the new doom, ever sence littleton stores have stop selling doom and a few citys will not sell certine games during the day. also i have seen many arcades geting rid of good games, like area 51 and such and filling them with cheap crapy little kids games.

spacedog said:

That package is "the depths of DooM Trilogy" it has the master levels and a couple of hundred others, that's how first got into doom, fantastic

I was under the impression that those levels where chosen by id software for thier coolness,but most are utter SHIT!-city 2 for doom 2 is brilliant though! (different to the crappy city 2 on cdrom.com)

Guest DoomSource
spacedog said:

... "That package is "the depths of DooM Trilogy" it has the master levels and a couple of hundred others, that's how first got into doom, fantastic"...

Please... How can i get that package from Portugal ?
i would like to have the Master levels i never played them :(
i have all the other id releases except for Final Doom
:(

if someone is reading this from portugal please reply
doomvbsource@yahoo.com