• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antaran

Is God is a God?

Guest Antaran

God can do enything.
So he can create a stone so heavy, than He can't carry it up.
He can do enything but he can't carry up the stone, else He can carry up the stone because He can do everything, but He can't create a stone so heavy He can't carry it up.
Then is He a God?

Have a nice thinking! :)

I can solve that problem. The solution is, god CAN'T do just anything. I'll bet you he couldn't make the stone in the first place. I don't believe in that kind of god.

Guest destROYer
Shaviro said:

I have a cat!

I like to set stuff on fire
hehehehehehhHEHHAHHA MUHAHAHAHA

Guest Duke Nukem
destROYer said:

Are you implying, Roy, that you will burn his kitty?

destROYer said:

Yeah? Well I blow stuff up with fireworks.....

When I have 'em that is :)

Q. Can God create a stone so heavy that even he can't lift it?
A. If he wants to.

Q. Can God then lift that stone?
A. If he wants to.

So there :P

Duke Nukem said:

Are you implying, Roy, that you will burn his kitty?

Burn his kitty or singe his pussy?

You know, I just heard that argument a few days ago...

Anyway, that's a paradox. It's like trying to use WinZip to zip a file into itself. Actually, I wonder what happens if you try that...

As for God, I don't think He's done very much creation in the past few million years. He hasn't done a whole lot after Genesis.

Guest destROYer
Shaviro said:

I do that!

GO ROYS SURVEY!

YEAH!! WOOOOO MEEEE
that caps-lock button is yelling at me again

Guest Antaran
Sir Fragsalot said:

You know, I just heard that argument a few days ago...

Anyway, that's a paradox. It's like trying to use WinZip to zip a file into itself. Actually, I wonder what happens if you try that...

As for God, I don't think He's done very much creation in the past few million years. He hasn't done a whole lot after Genesis.

You're close! I will put the sollution soon :)

Guest Firebrandt
Stphrz said:

A. If he wants to.

A. If he wants to.

Yes, exactly.

A being that is *infinitely* dimensional can't be measured using only three dimensional physics. Try to envision a 3D sphere wandering around in a 2D universe. The little 2D people would be very confused. :]

Well, actually the concepts of "stone" and "weight" are only manifestations of the laws of our universe, thus to answer the question it would have to be implied that God was a part of our universe, which He created, and so the laws of physics would actually apply to Him. Now the problem with that is, I don't think anyone has seen God within our universe lately, and because He created it, He probably exists outside of our universe, where the laws of physics don't apply, making the whole question pointless. Another problem is the fact that saying Hee could "lift" the stone implies that He is a physical entity like a human, which He is obviously not, or He wouldn't have been able to create the universe.

Guest ChriS

Can we not get into these spammy lengthy posts that take 20-40 replies?

Guest Antaran

You needn't read all messages in forum. If you don't want to take vote in disscusion, then be quiet please.

Guest Antaran
geekmarine said:

Well, actually the concepts of "stone" and "weight" are only manifestations of the laws of our universe, thus to answer the question it would have to be implied that God was a part of our universe, which He created, and so the laws of physics would actually apply to Him. Now the problem with that is, I don't think anyone has seen God within our universe lately, and because He created it, He probably exists outside of our universe, where the laws of physics don't apply, making the whole question pointless. Another problem is the fact that saying Hee could "lift" the stone implies that He is a physical entity like a human, which He is obviously not, or He wouldn't have been able to create the universe.

Hmmm, I can form my problem otherway:

God is undestructable, and he can do everything.
He can't destroy himself (because He's undestructable), so He can't do everything. :)

So you can see theory of Universe is not needed.

Guest PainoMan

Quit stealing George Carlin's 25 year old material.

Guest Templar

Is God real? No.

Guest fraggle`
Stphrz said:

A. If he wants to.

A. If he wants to.

you cant prove the existence or nonexistence of god using logic because god is something which defies logic