Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

Stphrz: Lou Reed et. al

Lou Reed! You must be an old timer, Stphrz. Probably like David Bowie too? I'm not a huge fan of punk myself, but I like Lou Reed (Transformer) and Bowie's stuff. Give me Classic Rock anytime! Can't get to have any better taste ['cept Classical, of which I am a huge fan too -- the 3 B's {Bach, Brahms, Beethoven}, Mozart, Mussorgsky {Night on Bald Mountain ROCKS!!}, Copeland, Gershwin, yada, yada, yada].

I cut my Rock 'n Roll teeth on Deep Purple {Space Truckin', YEAH!), Rolling Stones, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, .... Even got into Motown in a big way with the Temptations, and others.

Graduated to blues and jazz (both old-time and newer performers), but still listen to everything that's out there. (So much music, so little time!)

Bowie? Oh yeah :) His early stuff is absolutely great. I like pretty much all the stuff you do. I'm not that much of an old timer though. All that stuff was quite a bit before my time. When my buddies were into Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc.. I was listening to stuff like Roxy Music, Velvet Undergound, Iggy and the Stooges, MC5 stuff like that. Glad to see someone around here has some good taste :)

Heh, Lou Reed. I got Rollins Band playing a few covers of his songs (Move Right In comes to mind) and I love those songs, I've been meaning to get the originals for over a year now.