Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grul

Deicide and Cacodemons

I got me a pretty good laugh the other day. I was visiting a pretty well-sorted Black Metal-CD-store. I picked up and looked at an album with Deicide (I don't remember its name). The name if the first song:

"1. Satan spawn, the Caco-Daemon"

Hehehehee... :)

Cacodemon is a real word look it up in a collegiate dictionary...caco is latin for "Evil" and of course demon is a spirit which is mischevious etc..thats what it says in my dictionary..

The latin word for "evil" is malus (or malum if noun). Caco mean something like "defile". Cacodaemon means evil spirit. That is what my latin dictionary says (yes, there are people out there who have latin dictionaries :)

no it doesnt... caco means evil in greek (its not latin) and demon is the greek word for spirit or god

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Cacodemon is a real word look it up in a collegiate dictionary...caco is latin for "Evil" and of course demon is a spirit which is mischevious etc..thats what it says in my dictionary..

Or it could be as is "cacophony" or "cacophonous", which means something like ridiculously loud. Those things hiss' would be rather irritating and earshattering in real life.