Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest timpani

Do VPO's scare the crap out of you?

Guest timpani

When you play through the old Doom or Doom2 engine, v1.9 and suddenly the game crashes with a VPO error, does it scare the crap out of you?

No, this really is strange and ironic. There's something eerily frightening about testing out your level, knowing that there's a VPO with a crashing black screen just around the corner.. You're not sure quite where, but you know, it's there. I am afraid to play levels with VPO. I feel apprehensive about it. But after the VPO actually happens, I feel better. I'm only afraid of fear itself.

Definitely, they are way scarier than say, the cyberdemon, because you actually have a chance at beating the cyberdemon, plus, he won't crash DOOM, he'll just kill you. In my opinion, VPO's are possibly the most evil aspect of DOOM.

Guest spacedog
Lüt said:

Strangely enough, yes.

sometimes, late at night i'm scared to go to the kitchen, 'cos i built a level which was a copy of my house and there was a rather nasty vpo there, i exorcised it from the wad but i don't think i killed it, it think it just moved on......

Guest ChriS

Try using a source port that removes the VPO limit (e.g. Boom)