Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest timpani

Worst level designer

Guest timpani

Who is the world's worst level designer?

I think it's the guy who uploaded his 1-square-room level with no things in it exctpt some player starts to CDROM.COM

Guest Aiylyn
Grul said:

Isn't it more interesting to find who is the BEST level designer?

Hell no. Playing the worst wads you can find is far more entertaining. There ought to be some kind of "The Worst Wad Ever" contest

Guest Lurmy
boris said:

I think it's the guy who uploaded his 1-square-room level with no things in it exctpt some player starts to CDROM.COM

Probably.

Guest Duke Nukem
Linguica said:

SSSSSSSSSSHHHH!

i have the best idea for the worst level! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think it's not really hard to create a really worse level. just take one room and fille it with Cyberdemons and Spidermasterminds...

boris said:

I think it's not really hard to create a really worse level. just take one room and fille it with Cyberdemons and Spidermasterminds...

and make it to where it crashes when it starts up

i just made my first level yesterday, it was friggin easy using wadauther.it was a giant square room about a mile on all sides with water as the sky and it had a bunch of cyberdemons..cool huh?

boris said:

Well, then make some ground rules first.

1. Minimum of 20 sectors
2. No cyberdemons or spider masterminds
3. You must supply enough ammo to kill all monsters
4. No bugs like Hom or missing essential textures.
5. No dead end traps or places you can get stuck.

The level has to be playable in other words.

Captain Skippy said:

and make it to where it crashes when it starts up

Nah, because then you can't experience the bad quality. Go with stphrz's idea (and, in my opinion, minus the rule about the spiderdemons and cyberdemons, unless it would be another 32-level megawad.)

Linguica said:

Not quite :P

Eh? Eh? Just what do you mean by that? Hmmmm... Is there another contest in the works here?

Guest Peepers
Lüt said:

Nah, because then you can't experience the bad quality. Go with stphrz's idea (and, in my opinion, minus the rule about the spiderdemons and cyberdemons, unless it would be another 32-level megawad.)

king reol?

Lüt said:

Oh God! Not a megawad :) Who wants to play 32 levels of crap? No prize either(who wants to reward crap?). I was thinking about a kind of fun informal thing where people submit levels that can be downloaded and voted on.

Jeez, remember Mockery? I could probably do my own 32-level megawad of all the different crap you can do in Doom before that gets released (provided they work on it.)

masterhassan said:

i just made my first level yesterday, it was friggin easy using wadauther.it was a giant square room about a mile on all sides with water as the sky and it had a bunch of cyberdemons..cool huh?

Just add some HOM, tutti-frutti errors and slime trails, and you're a good candidate.

Btw, it sounds like my first level! Its just that that I actually used F_SKY1 as the ceiling texture!

Linguica said:

SSSSSSSSSSHHHH!

Hey Ling, let's make a WORST LEVEL EVER Contest! Every Leveldesigner can create his own FAVORITE for the "worst level ever" contest! Then create a Megawad and launch it at Doomworld! The worst level wins a Vodoo 5000 AGP :-D What do you think?

Guest Chodolord

I'm pretty much the worst -- i can't make any worth crap.

Team tnt,they get all tight arsed about how well thayve hidden the keys and made some architecture,not forgetting a few custom textures made on daddys drawing thingy-they then go and wank knowing that some chump will go and download thier levels and keep on trying even though its driven people to suicide! (like me)

Basically, he's saying he doesn't like TeamTNT WADs. I'm split; some are good, some not. I'd hardly call them the worst, no matter which map you picked.

Lüt said:

Basically, he's saying he doesn't like TeamTNT WADs. I'm split; some are good, some not. I'd hardly call them the worst, no matter which map you picked.

Same here. I don't think REoL's wads are the worst either. Some of 'em are quite good actually.