Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

#Doomworld

I remember a time where #Doomworld had a lot of visitors. Now i'm asking "Where did you all go?". Come back to the room man! We had a great time there! And to all of those who stops by in a minute. "Stay a bit longer! I dont sit there looking at an empty room all day! I'm doing other stuff. Stay just a bit more than a minute man!

And Ling. Why dont you visit your own room anymore?
Come back to #Doomworld all!

Peter Heinemann said:

The only thing which keeps me away from chatting is the needed Java-engine. It would be easy to install but I am so lazy....oh, well, I will do it tonight!

You can get a normal IRC program- dunno about for MacOS but you can get BitchX/ircii/epic for unix/linux console and Xchat/Zircon for X, to name a few :)

Peter Heinemann said:

The only thing which keeps me away from chatting is the needed Java-engine. It would be easy to install but I am so lazy....oh, well, I will do it tonight!

You can use IRC clients too. I use mIRC for #doomworld! Just connect to irc.telefragged.com and join #doomworld!

Guest Bloodspill25

I'd stay here all day if I could but I haft to go to school 6 hours

Peter Heinemann said:

Do I need "JPilot´s jIRC applet"? I got errors from both Internet-Explorer 4.5 and Netscape 4.7 saying the I need Java even though it is installed. I know nothing about Java but that it is pretty insecure.

In security terms, running Java is like walking around in a bad part of town at night while waving $50 bills.

On the other hand, ActiveX is like going into a prison, standing in the main yard, dropping your pants and yelling "Come and get it boys!"

And a firewall on WindowsNT is as secure as a prison made out of whipped cream.

Sir Fragsalot said:

In security terms, running Java is like walking around in a bad part of town at night while waving $50 bills.On the other hand, ActiveX is like going into a prison, standing in the main yard, drop

so basicly, with java, your dead. and with activex, your fucked

Uh, well, you see, it's like this. I have a job. A family. I can't stay on the computer all day. I'm usually on for a half hour here, a half hour there. Maybe two hours total a day if I'm lucky. Three on my days off(even then I have other things to do). I don't want to spend my limited computer time sitting in a chat room. The forums and email are enough for me. Five minutes to rattle off a few messages, check on replies a couple hours later etc. I have to get some csdoom and editing time in. That just leaves zero time for irc. That's life for ya.