Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tagart 666

Any Musicians?

Guest Tagart 666

If there are any musicians on this site but me, I would realy like to know if you can get guitar tablatures on the internet for music from Quake2 or DooM.(I know Quake2 has guitar in it, one of the tracks was made by Rob Zombie, Anyone know which track it is?)

i have found a midi maker that let write notes. but if someone can send me a link where i can find tabs...

Guest Fanatic

I'm a musician, but I only write my own music. I gave up playing other peoples stuff years ago.

Guest Hellspawn

Well, there's one sure-fire way to learn the stuff. Just like I learned track 7 from Quake 2... LISTEN to it and play it by ear. I don't think there ARE tabs for it, unfortunately.

But anyway, if you really want to play the Doom music, there's a program that converts MIDIs into guitar tab that I have.

masterhassan said:

why the hell did you give up playing other peoples stuff? its jsut fun to play the stuff that inspired you to play in the first place

It's not very fun, or productive, unless you're doing a parody, then it rules. Until you get sued, then it sucks again.

I can arrange some tablatures of Doom music if there's a request for it. Epecially some of the DE1 tracks have some very fair riffs. Though, I won't do it unless I get something in return :o

There's a site called Quitar that has the following:

(Doom)

DOOM II Map 13
E1M1
E1M4
Solo from E1M8
E3M8

(Quake 2)

Track #2.Operation Overlord
Track #3.Rage
Track #4.Kill Ratio
Track #5.March of the Stroggs
Track #6.The Underworld
Track #7.Quad Machine
Track #8.Big Gun
Track #9.Descent into Cerberon
Track #10.Climb
Track #11.Showdown

The URL? http://members.nbci.com/QWhiz /

Guest Fanatic
masterhassan said:

why the hell did you give up playing other peoples stuff? its jsut fun to play the stuff that inspired you to play in the first place

I've played guitar for a long time, about 15 years, and I played covers for over half that time both in private and public performances, and in schools and private lessons. It's boring as hell to play other peoples stuff after all those years, even stuff I like a lot. I like to listen to other peoples music, but I really like to write and play my own music a lot more.

Believe it or not, the CD's I listen to the most are my own. I usually switch CD's about once a month and listen to other CD's for a week or so to freshen things up. But usually I go right back to my own CD's.

I only have one that is sold now, but I have 3 more ready to be produced that I listen to a lot. One being 'Delicate Balance' which is being pressed right now.

Guest Hellspawn
Lüt said:

It's not very fun, or productive, unless you're doing a parody, then it rules. Until you get sued, then it sucks again.

Yeah, but lawsuits prove that the parody was good..... for instance... Drawing Flies : "Pastor of Muppets"

They got sued twice. Once from Metallica, once from Jim Henson. Take a guess why. ;) And the song's funny as hell. I would have never thought to put the Muppet Show theme lyrics to Master of Puppets...

Guest Hellspawn
Fanatic said:

I've played guitar for a long time, about 15 years, and I played covers for over half that time both in private and public performances, and in schools and private lessons. It's boring as hell to play other peoples stuff after all those years, even stuff I like a lot. I like to listen to other peoples music, but I really like to write and play my own music a lot more.

Believe it or not, the CD's I listen to the most are my own. I usually switch CD's about once a month and listen to other CD's for a week or so to freshen things up. But usually I go right back to my own CD's.

I only have one that is sold now, but I have 3 more ready to be produced that I listen to a lot. One being 'Delicate Balance' which is being pressed right now.

Yeah, I can see that... because after all, you have to like your music before you dare try and sell it, ya know... at least that's what I think.