Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Doom 3 Question

I've been wondering-who and how many people are going to want to license the Doom3 engine after the game gets released?

DooMBoy said:

I've been wondering-who and how many people are going to want to license the Doom3 engine after the game gets released?

Raven for one, they are doing Quake4.

American McGee has already licensed the engine for some game I think, and if not, he said he wants to.

AndrewB said:

Two words: Daikatana 2.

no way. john romero, although once great, works on things like hyperspace delivery boy now, not daikatana 2.

When did American McGee license the Doom 3 engine?

I sort of wish that he was doing the Hell levels for Doom 3. American McGee's Alice levels were incredibly twisted and dark humoured, if he took that up a notch and combined that with Trent Reznor's music- that would be terrifying.

AndrewB said:

Two words: Daikatana 2.

Two more : fuck that. By the time Daikatana 2 got done the Doom 3 engine would be obsolete.

bigbadgangsta said:

Two more : fuck that. By the time Daikatana 2 got done the Doom 3 engine would be obsolete.

john romero once said he was gonna use the unreal engine for Daikatana 2. pft, unreal.

gatewatcher said:

john romero once said he was gonna use the unreal engine for Daikatana 2. pft, unreal.

Unreal isn't that bad, I liked it.

i liked it too. but i liked quake better. i think that what romero was trying to do by switching from quake tech to unreal tech was, in some way, showing that he was cutting any ties between him and id. also the quake engines sucked up like two years of development and i think he was pissed...
But who gives a shit, we don't have to wory about a Daikatana sequel.

Livo said:

When did American McGee license the Doom 3 engine?

I sort of wish that he was doing the Hell levels for Doom 3. American McGee's Alice levels were incredibly twisted and dark humoured, if he took that up a notch and combined that with Trent Reznor's music- that would be terrifying.

FYI, Trent Reznor did the music for Alice..

Um, the "Daikatana 2" comment was a joke. I didn't know it was possible to refer to Daikatana in any "serious" context.

Damn, not the Daikatana2!!! Romero should start smthng new.

Whatever, i expect lots of new cool games on Doom3's engine... Hei, Raven could make Hexen 3 (i know that all 3 riders are dead, but anyway, there should be Serpent itself, heh)...

Hei, whatta question...

wasted said:

Damn, not the Daikatana2!!! Romero should start smthng new.

He has. He's doing games for handhelds now, his company's called MonkeyStone Games.

Lord FlatHead said:

He has. He's doing games for handhelds now, his company's called MonkeyStone Games.

And for PC's too. I played the PC port demo of Hyperspace Delivery Boy. It was actually sort of fun, though the voices sounded kind of odd.

With all the engine is capable of I'm wondering what non-gaming applications it will be used for. I mean, you could use the engine to make CGI movies or as a replacement for 3D Studio. The look is so incredible that I think it'll only be limited by human ingenuity (or the lack there of).

Or maybe I'm wrong. :p

Rellik said:

With all the engine is capable of I'm wondering what non-gaming applications it will be used for. I mean, you could use the engine to make CGI movies or as a replacement for 3D Studio. The look is so incredible that I think it'll only be limited by human ingenuity (or the lack there of).

Or maybe I'm wrong. :p

Well, the Doom 3 engine doesn't look as good as the Warcraft 3 cinematics.

dsm said:

Well, the Doom 3 engine doesn't look as good as the Warcraft 3 cinematics.

It depends...

Hi im a new user to the forums but onto the topic, i think that the developers of AvP3 should consider using the Doom 3 engine, it would be perfect, the tight twisted corridors, shadows creeping around corners, but it would need a little tweaking for the Aliens style fighting retreats as frentic as they are, and the predator outdoor eviroments.

Da Reaper said:

Hi im a new user to the forums but onto the topic, i think that the developers of AvP3 should consider using the Doom 3 engine, it would be perfect, the tight twisted corridors, shadows creeping around corners, but it would need a little tweaking for the Aliens style fighting retreats as frentic as they are, and the predator outdoor eviroments.

Welcome to the forums. I wasn't aware of AvP3?! But you're right. The DOOM3 engine would create a great atmosphere for AvP3.

Yeah, AvP3 has been confirmed but i dont think it has realy started development- with the Avp2 expansion in the wings, and thanks for the welcome.

Shaviro said:

Depends on what?

Depends on which cinematic he's talking of :)

I mean, DOOM III does look at times better than any CG I've ever seen (apart of course from Final Fantasy The Movie).

Dima said:

Depends on which cinematic he's talking of :)

I mean, DOOM III does look at times better than any CG I've ever seen (apart of course from Final Fantasy The Movie).

hmm. It's not better than the one with the ants and the flowers... ;)
Mah. I think DOOM III looks better than Final Fantasy. More believable environment, better architecture etc. (I know Final Fantasy has more detail, but that is ceratinly not everything.)

Shaviro said:

hmm. It's not better than the one with the ants and the flowers... ;)
Mah. I think DOOM III looks better than Final Fantasy. More believable environment, better architecture etc. (I know it's not more detailed, but that is ceratinly not everything.)

LOL

They take place in different environments, so it figures that they are different! :)

Well, one super computer that was used for the movie (out of hundreds of them) just to render the main character can run DOOM III at 1600x1200@32 bit with all options enabled set to the max with Anti-Aliasing enabled set to it's fullest extent with 60fps! :)

So I'd imagine that Final Fantasy is a tiny bit more detailed :)

uhmm...Just to clear things up: I know Final Fantasy is more detailed than DOOM III, but....