Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dream Destroyer

Rape and Sodomy... uhhh. NO!

Guest Dream Destroyer

Ok, ever notice how the Doom community seems kinda gay because, god damn it. There are no females. I mean, seriously, can you commit Doom rape? Yes, if you are into sodomy. Personally, I'm not. I tried to get my g/f into Doom, but she posed a little bit of a problem. You see, for some reason, she hates Doom. Hates it with a passion. Now, what if your idea of the perfect romantic evening is hanging out inside the little house thing in Map02? Huh? 2 players, 1 house. It's so perfect. But no... your significant other doesn't like Doom. So you lose out on some romance time. It's so... so... so sad....

I think alot of the lack of women here, and I'm probably gonna get slagged for this, but is due to the following reasons. First of all, although there have been women in gaming since the begining (i.e. Doom, Wolf) its still a relatively new thing. I mean if you look at the stats the amount of female gamers has probably risen quite a lot since '93. Which means they're all playing the new games. And if you think about it, if you were new to games today, would you go back and play some archaic game like Doom? Or would you gravitate towards the eyecandy of Halflife or Q3A??? I thought so, HL it is.

I think in order to still fully appreciate Doom, you need to have grown up on it. You can't really start playing it after having seen graphically better games. And seeing as the female gaming phenomenon is fairly new, they don't really have any desire to revert back to Doom, although they should.

S./

Guest Dream Destroyer

That is a very good point. I had actually never thought of it. *slaps head* Stupid me. :)

SoKatH said:

I think alot of the lack of women here, and I'm probably gonna get slagged for this, but is due to the following reasons. First of all, although there have been women in gaming since the begining (i.e. Doom, Wolf) its still a relatively new thing. I mean if you look at the stats the amount of female gamers has probably risen quite a lot since '93. Which means they're all playing the new games. And if you think about it, if you were new to games today, would you go back and play some archaic game like Doom? Or would you gravitate towards the eyecandy of Halflife or Q3A??? I thought so, HL it is.

I think in order to still fully appreciate Doom, you need to have grown up on it. You can't really start playing it after having seen graphically better games. And seeing as the female gaming phenomenon is fairly new, they don't really have any desire to revert back to Doom, although they should.

S./

actually i first played doom after i got half-life. ill admit i want very impressed at first becasue of the lack of features but hten i got it. i just started it up one day for no reason, kinda like instinct it jsut came on you know? and then i started playing and realizing ho wmuch atmosphere it had. i sometimes jsut play and look at it . its like a sunset for me really even though the graphics may not be that good. i just get this weird feeling from the original doom levels...im sick in the head dont listen to me or youl get infected too, oh no its spreading!

There are some women here on Doomworld, I made a "poll" here some month ago. Personally I would really enjoy meeting a real-life girl or women playing Doom with the same fun the game gives me.

As for the modern games: No game out there can mess with Doom´s level of immersion. No other game sucks me into the screen like Doom does. Personally I do not like polygon-games.

I started fps with Marathon which also had a better engine than Doom, but when I saw Doom I forgot about all other games in no time. Atmosphere!!! I am sure Doom will never be forgotten.

SoKatH said:

S./

I think what it is, is that female gamers are generally turned off by all FPS games. They are absolutely insulted by stereotypical, stupid games, like Barbie, sewing games, whatever. They seem to be leaning toward more neutral games like SimCity 3000... The Sims is a popular one.. You know, E and T rated games.