Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

My computer has died :(

I was just talking on the phone when my computer for some reason decided to switch itself off, and it wouldn't turn on again.

Opening it up and looking around a little, I realised that the power supply unit was totally screwed up. I think one of the diodes has melted or something.

It'll be a while before I can get a replacement; there don't seem to be any computer parts shops around here, so I'll have to order one.

I hope it didn't take anything else with it when it went (if it did, the processor is most likely :( )

The downside to this for me is, I'm bored out my mind. The downside for you is, no nmtext3.wad or anything else from me (except these forum/comment posts) until a new power unit arrives.

Now, you DO have back ups. Right? RIGHT??

*pokes Nightmare with a stick*

Right?

Of course. But I wouldn't have thought (not wishing to jinx myself here mind you) that my hard-drives would be affected.

boris said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hey Tarin, is it alright if I include a few modifications of the texture you made to create the effect of light coming from the skylights in FBase4 ?

I hope your computer´s motherboard has not suffered by the power-supply´s breakdown. Power-supply´s often use to do bad things in their last moments. This is one of the two mayor reasons that can seal a computer´s fate (+ static electricity).

The boyfriend of one of my flatmates took a look at it, and we both agree that apart from the power supply itself, everything LOOKS okay.

Mind you, this guy is a bit insane. There was a weird noise coming from the power supply, so he opened it up and shoved his head right next to it while it was still turned on. This guy's a goth too, so he had long metal earings dangling down into the thing :)

NiGHTMARE said:

The boyfriend of one of my flatmates took a look at it, and we both agree that apart from the power supply itself, everything LOOKS okay.

Mind you, this guy is a bit insane. There was a weird noise coming from the power supply, so he opened it up and shoved his head right next to it while it was still turned on. This guy's a goth too, so he had long metal earings dangling down into the thing :)

Did it smell?
:o)

Heh, just two days ago a guy across the hall from me had pretty much the same thing happen.. well kinda... a university network technician came to install a NIC on the guy's computer so he could get internet access. After the guy installed it, the computer wouldn't start.. looks like the power supply is shot in it.. so I guess Resnet (uni network) will be held responsible... the guy shoulda bought a network card and installed it himself (as I did) then trusting the idiots that work for the university.