Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoKatH

You ignorant morons!

I'm writing primarily in response to uofreak's post "umm, Doom is Dead...." Not so much in response to his post, I already flamed him for that, but in response to everyone else's posts following that.

First, he said something pretty stupid. He said Doom sucked in a Doom forum. I mean that would be like walking into a Mosque in Iran and proclaiming that Allah is a queer. (No offence meant here). What he said bothered me, but what irked me even more was the response that people gave him.

The guy was just expressing his views and his oppinions; two things that he is allowed to do, also these were influenced by his religion, which is also fine, because he's entitled to it. And then these people come along and flame him. Of course, flames, bitches and rants are perfectly acceptable in forums, but when you blast someone for what they believe in spiritually, that's just fucking wrong. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not religious in any way shape or form, I just think that people should be given the right to believe what they want to believe in. If that involves blasting Doom because you're a hard-core Christian, then so be it. But it shows an utter lack of respect, decorum and intelligence to go off and yell at someone, not about their stupid idea, but because of their stupid idea founded by their beliefs.

I take for example this quote from a follow-up post:

==========
"Ooh, look at me i'm a christian, and all the nasty beasties scare me and i wet my pants and had to call my mummy, and now she won't let me play it 'cos she says it's bad. whimper."
==========

or this one

==========
"Your a fagget. Some people still like the game. There are hundreds of people who still like DooM. Read the Stomped, Doomworld, and Newdoom forums you reject.

Oh, and as for the "Oh, i'm a pretty Christian, I would be sinning to play a game that has these REALLY REALISTIC deamons in it." WELL IM A CHRISTIAN TOO. And if your really that fucken deep into it, than I suggest you buy the game "Super Nhoas Ark3D"
I bet that Wolfenstien graphiced game could keep your pretty Christian ass up all night."
==========

These posts just show complete ignorance and stupidity, the posters aren't even focusing on the fact that he wrote a stupid message with a stupid idea, they're focusing on the fact that he mentioned he was a Christian and they're blasting him for it. And then to add to this and show even more idiocy, they write in incomprehensable sentence fragments and can't even spell for fuck's sake. If you're going to say something at least make it sound like you know what you're talking about by fucking spelling things properly (its spelled faggot)!

Anyway, its posts and responses like these that give the Doom community a bad name, and make everyone else think we're stupid. You wonder why society is blaming things like Columbine and the rest of society's ills on us??? You just have to read some of the ignorant posts in this forum (or any really, not just Doom) to find the answer.

This isn't all of you, in fact, some of you guys are quite intelligent in what you post. You say intelligent things that make sense and you spell properly. And for this I thank you guys.

For the others though, in future, just fucking think before you write something, that goes for the guy who wrote the intial post (uofreak), and people who write subsequent posts. If you want to look like uneducated, foolish jackasses by all means continue... but if you want to have some respect for the Doom community, then for the love of God, think before you write.

If I've offended anybody... too fucking bad. Go cry to mommy.

S./

Guest God of Damn

Oh my GOD! *Goes and cries to mommy*

I wasnt flaming him for his oppinnion! I was flaming him for his ignoranze! He hasnt made any research before flaming us! Fuck him!

Guest Templar

You pussy ass

You wanna go around defending wimpy losers then you suck

Guest Dream Destroyer

I completely agree with you. Although we should also note that uofreak did bash us for our beliefs. I'm not saying that it is right to fight fire with fire. But still, he is a moron. I've also noticed that there are quite a few people bashing you for what you said here. That suprised me. I only wish that the complete doom community was free from buligerent (probabily spelt wrong, but don't kill me here :) ignorant EQUALLY moronic fools. Guess we can't have what we want. BTW, I'm a atheist. It shouldn't matter, unfortunately to some of you's it does.

It happens. Every now and then some jar head likes to post an inflamatory post about DooM (or a specific DooM port) just to rattle our chains. I usually post on the forums at newdoom.com, and there has already been a "DooM is dead" post or two there. I have also seen a couple of "DooM is dead" posts and a "Le-GAY-cy is gay" post on the old DooM Legacy forum before Legacy moved to newdoom.com.

The people who do this do it only because it gives them a cheap thrill to see other people get angry. A white supremist does not yell out "You dirty nigger!" in an empty room. He seeks out gatherings of black individuals in order to upset them. The individuals who put "DooM is Dead" or other similar posts are simply doing the same thing, and they probably grin ear to ear when they read the flaming replies that follow. They enjoy seeing us loose our heads.

About the only defence we have against such individuals is simply not to play their game. Whenever somebody posts "DooM is Dead" or anything else intended to get us going, it is better not to bother with it. Ignor it altogether. We enjoy DooM. If sombody else doesn't feel the same way, who cares? We will keep on enjoying DooM anyway.

For those of you who responded to my post, I don't care whether it was positive or negative, with some sense and forethought, I thank you. For everyone else who simply continued to flame. I have nothing to say to you. Except fuck off.

Thanks for giving me your oppinions.

S./

Templar said:

You pussy ass

You wanna go around defending wimpy losers then you suck

Yeah, rereading it now, my post does seem kinda wimpy. I don't know what the fuck was going on there. But as for your last comment... Eat my shit you ass-reaming testicle-zit!

S./

Guest spacedog
God of Damn said:

Oh my GOD! *Goes and cries to mommy*

Well, i have nothing against christians (no, really i used to be one myself) but he quoted that as one of the reasons for doom being bad. Now he insulted my beliefs (i belive that doom is a great game, and also that you shouldn't tell people what they should think or do) so in insulted his beliefs. I seriously intended no offence to other christians

Guest Cybersquirrel

Oh dear, you were doing so well up to the last line. Flaming us because we cry to our mummies? How can you sleep at night - that's just morally wrong :-)

Did I say I was flaming you because you cry to your mommies? No, I was flaming you, or those to whom it was addresed, because they are idiots.

Mheh, it was all proved to be over nothing in the end, but I still mean what I said.

S./

Guest cybersquirrel
SoKatH said:

Did I say I was flaming you because you cry to your mommies? No, I was flaming you, or those to whom it was addresed, because they are idiots.

Mheh, it was all proved to be over nothing in the end, but I still mean what I said.

S./

Did you spot the little smiley face? It was a facetious remark rather than a serious comment on the content of your post, which, for the record, I agreed with. Hah!

Guest cybersquirrel

Heh Heh, funny. Let that be a lesson to everyone - read the message properly or risk looking like a jackass.

SoKatH said:

Eat my shit you ass-reaming testicle-zit!

Now, normally I'd put name-calling in the category you describe as "..its posts and responses like these that give the Doom community a bad name"....

but I'm gonna have to make an exception when the name-calling makes me laugh out loud ;)

Incidently, I didn't expect someone named after the Knights Templers to defend fundamentalist Christian values :o