Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

City levels?

Guest Kevin

I discovered the Doom2's levels were always play in the hell, spacecraft, planet etc. But not always city, town, which play in earth. Where can I find any Megawads or WADs which play in city? (Like the Duke3d's levels). And I've downloaded a WAD named "Doomcity.wad". I thought it was very good. That was the WAD I want. Please help me. I'll thanks for your reply.

The only city level that comes to mind is metro13.wad by Mike Reed. It should be on cdrom.com

Guest spacedog

Most of the mid part of doom 2 are supposed to be town/city levels

Guest Lurmy

I bet theres about a million city.wad, citybattle.wad, town.wad, and all kinds of those things on cdrom.com

Not a megawad, but a very nice town-wad is "Wildwest"
wildwest.zip
which has the (guess what) wildwest-theme.

And go download "A fistfull of Doom"
fistful3.zip

Fistfull can be seen as the answer to "boothill", which is deathmatch only.

"Flame", intended only to be an example map for a flamethrower sprite-wad (the flamethower which was later used in the TC "Twighlight Warrior 1") also has its beauty, but is only deathmatch.

flame.zip

Hell, since I rebuilt the "desktop-database" on my mac, I lost some of my url entrys, but I guess you can get them on ftp.cdrom

update:
urban.zip (urban2.wad) plays in a modern city

It is going to be some time before it is available, but the TC I am working on, DeiM, will have a number of city levels in it. Unfortunately, progress is currently at a primative stage, and there is nothing that can be downloaded and played right now. Work on DeiM has been on hiatis for the last few months, due to more important things, but will be starting again very soon. If you are interested in finding out about DeiM, just got to my Home page, The Boingo Page. There is a link to the DeiM page there. the url for The Boingo Page is in my signature below.

Go back in the doomworld news archive,till you find something called 'city of doom'-i downloaded it and it just kikz azz!,level 2 is amazing!