Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest doomgod12345

something a bit odd

Guest doomgod12345

ok in the original doom it takes place on the 2 moons of mars, but why is it that the guy can run out side without harm, ok he has all that armor and the cool helmet so that might work, but if u look at the mountians they look like they have vegitation and the are very earthlike. why didnt they make it more like a moon. to me it seems that u are fighting on earth some place, that is were i thought u were when i got the doom shareware a wile back

Guest doomgod12345

i know it is a game but i thought it was a bit interesting, in the alpha version the sky did look more like a moon

Yeah, I know, DooM is THE BEST GAME EVER, but that is the one gay thing about it. They should have also made it night time with stars and crap. But noooo, they had to go take of picture of some Chinease mountain during the day............ DooM64's sky rocks!!!

Jeremy said:

Yeah, I know, DooM is THE BEST GAME EVER, but that is the one gay thing about it. They should have also made it night time with stars and crap. But noooo, they had to go take of picture of some Chinease mountain during the day............ DooM64's sky rocks!!!

Doom 64 and Doom for Playstation and Jaguar may be the only episodes missing in my Doom shrine.
Sadly they are hard to get now and HERE, since german ebay uses to cancel all and everything with the name "Doom". And american cartridges are NTSC-only.
But I will go and try to get one now.

DiSTuRBeD said:

actually, the sky in episode1 is a view from some aztec city =) That's definitly not proper for a moon

what if the moon is hollow and the inside has bright lights and lush mountains...we arent told that in the story but that doesnt mean it isnt possible

doomgod12345 said:

i know it is a game but i thought it was a bit interesting, in the alpha version the sky did look more like a moon

In the books, the moons had atmosphere domes. Another thing, perhaps the moons were just terraformed. Though how they could hold an atmosphere with such low gravity is beyond me.

Like ZarcyB said, it's a game.

Oh but what a game.

I know the the original DooM bible had DooM take place on a planet. Maybe the mountains had already been made before they decided to change the location to Phobos, and they didn't bother to change them.

In truth, I really don't think it matters.

you know what? who shives a git? the original skies kicked as anyway. they just gave me this weird feeling. im really obsessive with stuff liek that. anything overly or utterly beautiful. like music or graphics or sunsets stuff like that. and back to the real world-uh what wa the question again¿

I think that, coupled with the fact you go outside, indicates that parts of the moons are terraformed,
perhaps within domes.

Guest ZarcyB
Drat said:

In the books, the moons had atmosphere domes. Another thing, perhaps the moons were just terraformed. Though how they could hold an atmosphere with such low gravity is beyond me.

Like ZarcyB said, it's a game.

Oh but what a game.

Hell yeah what a game

Peter Heinemann said:

Doom 64 and Doom for Playstation and Jaguar may be the only episodes missing in my Doom shrine.
Sadly they are hard to get now and HERE, since german ebay uses to cancel all and everything with the name "Doom". And american cartridges are NTSC-only.
But I will go and try to get one now.

Forgive me if this is stupid, but are you saying that in Germany the PAL format is still used? Also, I have an e-bay account and could bid for you. But would customs stop it being shipped to Germany?

i just saw the movie red planet and it had a pretty good explanation of how that could happen. they grew algie on mars adn made a better atmospere. they did that in a few years so that could be a good solution to the problem

Sir Fragsalot said:

Forgive me if this is stupid, but are you saying that in Germany the PAL format is still used? Also, I have an e-bay account and could bid for you. But would customs stop it being shipped to Germany?

Yes, the german television-norm is based on PAL. Formerly in the GDR (now part of reunioned Germany) and still today in France the norm SECAM is used. My Mac´s Video AV-card is able to generate a NTSC-signal, which helps me using my Cybermaxx-HMD (3D-helmet) that is NTSC based and generates only a grayscale Pal-signal (Doom in grays sucks).
But even our electricity is different from US-standarts. We have 220/240V 50Hz, in USA 120V 60Hz is used. Our television frequency is also 50 Hz, that is why I could not view an american video-tape on my vhs-set.
German ebay cancels nearly all and everything Doom-related, thats why I have to buy all my Doom Reaper miniatures and other merchandize on US-ebay. I never had problems with US-people sending me stuff to Germany. Doom and many other fps are banned in our country. But thanks a lot for the offer!!!
Forgotten to say that television was invented in Germany.