Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

id software

recently I emailed id software stuff about my career choice...I told them i wanted to make video games as a profession but I am quite sure it might take a while before the write me back so I thought I would post something up here to see if any fellow DooMers could help me out...first off where is id HQ?...second is there any of us that make video games for a living here?? well thats all for now but I will post some stuff I might need to know later on in hopes that somebody might care...

My advice would be to look for local software companies as well, as ID probably get millions of
requests like that.

Guest doomgod12345

it would be cool to work there but like the last guy said try other places as well unless u are very good

Guest ZarcyB

I'm sure there are plenty of good video games companies near you. I did some work for DMA Design (the ppl who make GTA etc) for my work experience and it was really cool. What I say is don't give up and don't settle for some shit job.

doomgod12345 said:

it would be cool to work there but like the last guy said try other places as well unless u are very good

thanks guys...and I know working at id would be a tough job to get but I also know that if I can't get in at id then I would try to get into any others and I should also consider looking for them around here...once again thanks guys...

I am certain you have to have some type of portfolio or map collection of GOOD maps for them to check out before they even consider you.

last year i did a career report for social studies, i e-mailed ty halderman. bu tthen again hes not really in the industry bu ti didnt really care hes still cool and hes from new orleans...thats a funny name ha ha

Cranium got to work on Daikatana because he made damn good doom wads, there can be no more encouragement needed than that

ID:HQ is located in misquite texas, you need to sute what they are looking for. Level disigner (making textures, disinging the lvel lay out, ext.) Programmer, Artist, musiction, or secrutary. Theres tons more other jobs. You will need a map pack (like the one guy said down there) a very good mod, experince, or some preety desint art work.