Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Linguica, Whats wrong with my page damnit!?

DAMNIT! It's been open since the end of summer, and only has a little over 850 hit's! Why do I get so little visitors!? What does my page NOT have? It's all about DooM! It has news, polls, a search engine, forums, message board, good pictures, its organised, has a counter, music {with option to mute} And a simple name. Damnit! I have a router to make it easier to go to, and now I went berzerk and registered a domain name. It will be open in a day or two... www.doomgalaxy.com {if it dont work, try again tommorow.}
But my main question Ling, how in God's earth did you install these forums!? I downloaded the Beholder BoardMaster, and I have NO idea how to work it. I wish I did, becuase BoardMaster looks a Hell of a lot better than EZBoard, which is the shitty ass forum I have on my page as of now, and is only 1MB. See, why I am going so berzerk about my page, is not cuz im infatuated with it, cuz I know as of now that it sucks! But I am hoping that one day, it will become a powerfull DooM page like Doomworld itself, and Newdoom.com as well. I think it will, im sorta reaching there. I got a domain name, and nearly everything good I can think of! And even someone is doing a remake of my page {Malum} and anyone who wants to be hosted {well, I only have 50MB left} feel free to ask, submit news, put info up, anything! Damnit! I need more hits!

See, I get the idea that thier is something called the "cgi-bin" and the crap has to be coppied to that, and the "cgi-bin" is in my web page stowed away. But I really dont know how to do it.

CGI apps are of different types and the http server you use has to support the cgi type, e.g. compiled programs or perl (mod_perl for apache) I gather. So you need to work out what type of CGI the board code is, then figure out if your page host supports that type of CGI. They probably provide docs for you somewhere.