Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

ZDoom for Dos troubles

ZDoom for Dos troubles

Does anyone know why ZDoom for Dos "zdos117c" freezes shortly after its startup? This is the last version released for Dos. After startup the only thing I can do sometimes is get access to the start menu by hitting esc and start a game. Being in the game there is no way to move or go back to the menu, only the blinking eyes of the Doomguy shows me some computer-activity. Only way out is a reboot.

I cannot use the windoze-version because I run a PC-emulation on my Macintosh, and windoze95 (baah) would simply slow the whole thing down to a slideshow. Yes, I know that there is Legacy and Legacy runs fine under PC-Dos in my PC-emulation since over one year (a very fast port) and there is also the new Mac-port of Legacy made by Calum Robinson (cool), but - you know it - some ports today are ZDoom-only and so I have to fix my problem with ZDoom for Dos.

Anyone out there who runs ZDoom for Dos successfully? Even if you have nothing to do with PC-emulations on Macs your advise could be helpful.
My PC-emulation emulates a Pentium MMX, S3 Trio 32/64 PCI, Soundblaster Pro and is fitted out with 40MB ram. OS is PC-Dos 7.0.

Buying a PC as an additional machine would not work as solution since I have no more storage for more computers and monitors.

update: forgotten to say that this problem occurs permanent, so I cannot play ZDoomDos at all and of course I have all the needed stuff like registered iwad and the files from the newest windoze version in the same directory

Guest doomgod12345

sorry buddy, but it may be caused by useing a emulation, next time u get a computer i sudgest a PC with linux, u need to know more but it is better

I can run ALL other source ports under emulation: Boom, MBF, SMMU, edge, vavoom, legacy, middoom, pdoom with easy - only Zdoom crashes.

I can run Linux on my Macs native, but Linux (sorry) and especially KDE looks like Windoze and sucks totally, I guess Linux seems only nice to Windoze-suffered people. All ports out there are written for 381i linux distributions, my Linux is a PPC-type and no port out there will compile under PPC-linux. I have installed Linux on another harddrive, but it looks to me only like a waste of space.

I heard about the bug I reported also from other people using non-virtual IBM-PCs, so I guess is is a problem with configuration.